Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #4- Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday in the comments!

This week's pre-publication "I can't wait to read it!" selection is:

Scarlet
by A. C. Gaughen
by Release Date: February 14, 2012
Publisher: Walker Children's

Posing as one of Robin Hood’s thieves to avoid the wrath of the evil Thief Taker Lord Gisbourne, Scarlet has kept her identity secret from all of Nottinghamshire. Only the Hood and his band know the truth: the agile thief posing as a whip of a boy is actually a fearless young woman with a secret past. Helping the people of Nottingham outwit the corrupt Sheriff of Nottingham could cost Scarlet her life as Gisbourne closes in. It’s only her fierce loyalty to Robin—whose quick smiles and sharp temper have the rare power to unsettle her—that keeps Scarlet going and makes this fight worth dying for. (Review from Goodreads.)

I'm always a sucker for a Robin Hood story and this one has a girl involved! Love it! Can't wait to try this one which is by a debut author no less! We'll find out soon! Are you one of the lucky ones who has read it already? What did you think?
There's even a book trailer! Enjoy!

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

4 comments:

  1. This sounds really neat I love Robin Hood and definitely curious about this! Great pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I tried to get this one from Netgalley and got DENIED! Hahaah, it looks super cool though, I'll definitely be reading it!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so ready for this one! I love fairy tale retellings and this one sounds fantastic! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely looking forward to reading this one! It's on my list for the Debut Author Challenge, but I think it's going to be so great to see Robin Hood portrayed in this light! Great pick!

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete