Sunday, March 18, 2012

In My Mailbox # 10 - Our Scholastic Book Fair Haul...


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren. The idea of In My Mailbox is to bring books to the attention of readers and bloggers while also encouraging interaction with other blogs. Make sure to link your IMM below!

What an amazing haul we have this week! Be sure to stay tuned this week for the 1st Giveaway Hop ever from Libby Blog! It starts Thursday, but the page is all ready if you're curious now. Sorry I was so distracted during the vlog from time to time! LOL! We did this in my MMS LMC during our lunch (we had in-service on Friday) and people kept walking in/through the LMC. Usually we wait until no one's around to do these but there was just no other time to squeak it out, plus I kept watching the clock thinking "are we going to have time to get to lunch and back?" Oh well! Here it is...

Ange's purchases from the Scholastic Book Fair...
 Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers)
Cinder by Marissa Meyer (Feiwel and Friends and Macmillan)
Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber (Sourcebooks Fire)
Hunger Games Tribute Guide by Emily Seife (Scholastic, Inc.)
Legend by Marie Lu (Putnam Juvenile)
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (Scholastic Press)
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White (HarperTeen)
Unearthly by Cynthia Hands (HarperTeen)
Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell (Harcourt Children's Books)
Virals by Kathy Reichs (Razorbill)

Purchased NOOK Books via fabulous Epic Reads deal until 3/25...
Black Hole Sun by David Macinnis Gill (Greenwillow Books) = $.99
Gone by Michael Grant (HarperTeen) = $2.99

From NetGalley... 
The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross (Harlequin Teen) = YAY!!!!!!!
Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer (Disney Book Group)
 The Arctic Incident by Eoin Colfer (Disney Book Group)

PLUS, Easter basket treats for my Monkey #1 and Monkey #2! Shh! Don't tell them!...
Barbie In a Mermaid Tale by Mary Man-Kong (Random House Books for Young Readers)
Bear's Loose Tooth by Karma Wilson (Margaret K. McElderry Books)
Charlie the Ranch Dog by Ree Drummond (HarperCollins Publishers)
Shoe-la-la! by Karen Beaumont (Scholastic, Inc.)

 Rachel's purchases from the Scholastic Book Fair…
Birthmarked by Caragh O'Brien (Square Fish)
Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber (Sourcebooks Fire)
Legend by Marie Lu (Putnam Juvenile) 

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Briggs (Quirk Books)
The Splendor Falls by Rosemary Clement-Moore (Delacorte Books for Young Readers)

From the library...
Grave by Elizabeth Scott (Speak)

What did you get for your libby this week? Link it up below! 

20 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of The Hunger Games Tribute Guide. Also I read Paranormalcy & Gone they were so so good! I hope you enjoy everything. Here's my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-26.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what an awesome book haul. I actually left the post to check when my son's school will be having their second fair... can't tell but you have me SOOOOO excited!! :) Enjoy your new books!

    Here is my IMM

    Happy Reading!
    Lindsay @ Turning the Pages
    Blogoversary Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, you have LOTS of great titles here. First off, I'm glad that Artemis Fowl seems to be getting more love this week. I've read the entire series (as far as I can remember), and he is a well-loved character. I also have Miss Peregrine (which I got several months back) but have not had the time to crack it open yet. Still deeply into the Chaos Walking Trilogy right now. I also love the fact that you have picture books here! Awesome! Shoe-la-la looks particularly nice. Enjoy your great new reads.

    Here's mine over at GatheringBooks:
    http://gatheringbooks.wordpress.com/2012/03/18/in-my-mailbox-39/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, AMAZING books this week!!! I really hope you like Cinder :) I loved it! Enjoy all your books!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Splendor Falls and The Vespertine are two of my favorites! Also, Cinder was way better than I anticipated. Loved it! And Paranormalcy! It is so much fun! Kiersten White is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your gushing about the wonderful Kiersten White is completely why I decided to get Paranormalcy! :)

      Delete
  6. Great lot of books this week! I loved Paranormalcy and as I liked other books by Kathy Reichs I'm looking forward to reading Virals. Hope you like all your books and happy reading!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set! I really want to read Darker Still. I loved Beautiful Darkness. I'm obsessed with that series.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, Paranormalcy! I really want to read that, and it looks like the 3rd book in the series will be out soon, so I'll be able to go straight from one to the next! I'd also quite like to read 'The Girl In The Clockwork Collar' as it sounds quite interesting. I hope you like the Artemis Fowl books - I really enjoyed them.

    If you're interested, you can see my IMM and enter my international giveaway here.

    ~Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh! I miss Scholastic Book Fairs so, so much. You both picked up some awesome books, several of which I've read & enjoyed. I hope you have fun in the weeks to come with them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Great book hauls! I really enjoyed The Splendor Falls but haven't seen many other people read it. I also just finish Legend and it was amazing, I hope you also enjoy it ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, what a great haul, all those should keep you both pretty busy, huh! I am loving your guys' IMM =D

    Here's my IMM!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's really cute that you put books into the Easter baskets. That's a great idea, and something I'll have to file back for the future. Thanks for stopping by and watching my IMM! You guys got some great books this week, and I love that you filmed yours in the middle school library. In fact, I'm semi-jealous. haha. The days of Scholastic book fairs. I swear, they were the best. Of course those were my favorite days in school! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great mailbox this week! There're a lot of great books in there!

    Here's our IMM !

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great mailbox! I have Beautiful Darkness and Unearthly, but haven't read them. I hope you ladies enjoy everything!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many awesome books I dont even know where to start! I need to get my hands on Beautiful Darkness. I love book one but havent read the other two yet. Enjoy!

    My IMM: http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2012/03/uber-awesome-in-my-mailbox-32-in-which.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. You got some seriously awesome books this week!! I want to read almost all of them..


    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woooow, so many awesome books! You'll be busy for a while! Happy reading! I hope you enjoy all of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great selection of books. This is kinda hillarious but believe it or not i also bought Kiersten White (I have read already Paranormalcy so i bought Supernaturally 2th book) Cynthia Hand books,instead of just the 1th i found them both of them,Unearthly and Hallowed, and took them at the same time. Nice to have at least 2 books the same in IMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!!! What a great selection of books

    ReplyDelete