Monday, March 19, 2012

Review: The International Kissing Club by Ivy Adams

The International Kissing Club 
Author: Ivy Adams
Release Date: January 3, 2012
Published by: Walker & Company
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


If you liked The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares, Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty, or Angus, Thongs and Full-frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison, then you will love The International Kissing Club. This story is full of fun, witty, and strong female characters who live in Paris, Texas.


Four girls from a small town have decided to escape by becoming exchange students. Piper plans to head to Paris, Mei to China, Izzy to Costa Rica, and Cassidy to Australia. Each one has their own reason for leaving their small town for the ten-week stay in another country. In order to stay in touch, they create a Facebook page where they track points for each international man they kiss.


My thoughts: I read it in the course of a day because it was so very fun and adventurous. At first I was worried that keeping track of the four girls’ lives and stories would be overwhelming, but once I got to know each one, the stories were easy to keep straight. The varied family issues and boy troubles allowed me to enjoy each girl’s chapters almost as though they were separate books. I highly recommend it!
View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like my kind of thing! I'll definitely be checking it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this book at ALA but I haven't read it, yet. It looks cute!

    ReplyDelete