Sunday, March 18, 2012

Review: Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown

Lies Beneath 
Author: Anne Greenwood Brown
Release Date: June , 2012
Published by: Delacorte Book for Young Readers and Random House.
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


They've waited for years for him...and he's finally returned. The man who is the cause of it all. The reason their mother died, the reason Calder's connected to his sisters and the reason he had to get close to Lily. Except he's never even considered the biggest problem of all...what happens when your greatest enemy becomes your greatest love?


My thoughts: I was so excited about this one because it took place in Lake Superior and Bayfield, WI which are two places I adore! This was the first time I've read a book which takes place in a place that I know well. It was the most surreal thing! I could picture it all so well. I really liked the darkness of this one. The mermaids were plain evil. Of course all you need it one small change to change the whole course of something...which is exactly what Brown does. I also truly appreciated all of the beautiful, classic poetry throughout the book. It was such a fun add-in. I'm very curious if there will be more or if this is a stand-alone novel. I will certainly be getting us a copy in our high school LMC as soon as it comes out.


Final thoughts: Can love change who you are? What you crave? Of course it can. Otherwise what's the point of it all!? The bigger question is: Can love conquer all?

View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I plan to read this one soon It sounds great and the cover seriously rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY!! EVIL mermaids?? That sounds awesome!! As well as it being set in a place you know well!

    ---
    Giselle from booknerd.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful book and I really love the cover!
    -----
    <a href="http://lindslikeslit.blogspot.com/>If you're interested in my blog, click here.</a>

    ReplyDelete