Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday #8- Favorite Covers of 2011


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the team over at Broke and the Bookish! Leave a link to your Top 10 below!

My Top 10 Book Covers of 2011....

 1. Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz

2. XVI by Julia Karr

3. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly

4. Sweetly by Jackson Pearce


6. Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins

7. Hourglass by Myra McEntire

8. Wither by Lauren DeStefano

9. Crossed by Ally Condie

10. Hereafter by Tara Hudson


So many pretty, pretties! I hug them in the library just so they know they are loved! Then I look around to make sure no one actually saw me doing it! ;) 


Some I've read and some I haven't but this is about the covers...and they are perfectly beautiful. And, yes I know that Revolution was a cheat, but seriously the hardcover is SOOO perfect and beautiful I had to. Plus it's a favorite! This one was such a fun Top 10 for me. Covers really are what make me pick up a book or not if I don't already know the title. That means if I don't like the cover, I don't pick it up! I'm very much like my students in that way in the library when shopping the shelves for myself! What about you? Do covers matter for you?

What's on your Top 10 this week?
 

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous covers - my favorite from your list is Hourglass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost all of your covers have girls who look lost. Interesting.

    Here's my
    Top Ten Book Covers.
    I'd love to have you stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous covers, and I love that some of these are new to me. Have just added xvi to my wishlist. Your first one's really eye-catching; thanks for stopping by my Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Hex Hall covers! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love all the hex hall covers, especially spell bounds. I like the hourglass cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Demonglass has such a cool cover! I have to read that series!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hourglass and Wither made my Top Ten, too! And that Witches of East End cover is gorgeous! I totally look at the covers - it's what draws me in! I think it's advertising, really. Great picks!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover for Hereafter is eerily lovely. Great list!

    http://ajarndtbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Girl In the Steel Corset cover - it makes me really want to stop everything I'm doing and just sit and read it!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some really great covers. I love the hereafter one. There were just too many great covers, and I'm sure more to come. Thanks for stopping by yesterday!

    ReplyDelete