Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #8- City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare & Beautiful Redemption by Garcia & Stohl


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selection is:

City of Lost Souls (Immortal Instruments, Book 5) 
by Cassandra Clare 
Release Date: May 8, 2012
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Margaret K. McElderry

The New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments continues - and so do the thrills and danger for Jace, Clary and Simon. Can the lost be reclaimed? What price is too high to pay for love? Who can be trusted when sin and salvation collide? Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series. (Summary taken from the author's website.)

If you loved the trilogy...you HAVE to keep reading! It just keeps getting better!


Release Date: October 23, 2012
Published by: Little, Brown Books for Young Adults

There isn't a summary out there for this book yet, but it's supposed to be the last book in The Castor Chronicles. That's right folks, we'll have to say "goodbye" to Lena Duchannes and Ethan Wate after this one. BUT, no worries...there's always the movie which is currently being cast. To leanr up to date news about the movie go to http://thebeautifulcreaturesmovies.com/! For instance, did you know that they announced the casting of Link today!? Check it out and see what you think! I have to say that I CAN'T WAIT to see what the underground world of Castors looks like in the movie! 

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?


10 comments:

  1. These look really good...thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice picks! I still haven't read any of The Mortal Instruments series (I know - for shame! I own the first one, though, and it's waiting to be read!), but I did read Beautiful Creatures. I wasn't a huge fan but I'd still like to read the rest of the series someday. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, CASSIE CLARE! <3 After the killer ending of City of Fallen Angels, I'm so excited to finally be able to get my hands on this one! And I can't believe I haven't heard about the movie for Beautiful Creatures yet! I adored the first three books in the series and I think a movie would be so amazing!

    Awesome picks for your WOW this week, Ange! I can't wait for them all too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! My mom just finished books 1-3 in the Castor Chronicles, but I haven't had the chance to start them. My mom loved them though and book 4 releases on my birthday!

    Thanks for stopping by; I'm a new follower!
    :) Aeicha @ Word Spelunking

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the caster cover. so pretty!

    stop by my post? I'm hosting an exclusive cover reveal for a fall 2012 YA from Paper Lantern Lit and Philomel/Penguin!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/exclusive-cover-reveal-venom-by-fiona.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really looking forward to City of Lost Souls too! Great picks!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely waiting on City of Lost Souls! Got to love Cassandra Clare. I admit I never even finished the first Castor Chronicle book yet though. Thanks for visiting MY WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book is the fifth installment in The Mortal Instruments series written by the amazing Cassandra Clare who doesn't ceased to write books highly heartbreaking and equally addictive.

    I'm a fan of Cassandra Clare, so I may not be the better blogger to tell you if it's good or not since I'm too fond of these characters and this world to really criticize these books, but one thing is for sure, it's far better than City of Fallen Angels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't seen this yet! LOVE IT! I really like that we get both Clary and Jace on the cover of this one. Thanks so much for sharing it and for the link to the prologue! *runs to read it*

    Marlene Detierro (Local SEO Indianapolis)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is really amazing share, i enjoyed reading your whole blog and i am convinced with your writing skills. Thanks for sharing this with us..
    spy omegle

    ReplyDelete