Friday, April 6, 2012

Review: Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Under the Never Sky 
Author: Veronica Rossi
Release date: January 3, 2012
Published by: Harper Teen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Aria has never seen the sun while living in a pod her entire life and spends her days in a world of virtual "realms", while Perry has lived on the outside his entire life he has fought and scraped for every piece of food and respect he has. When Perry and Aria break all the rules one evening for very different reasons everything in their lives is taken from them and they are forced to create an alliance to save the ones they love most and hopefully themselves in the process. Will they be able to work together long enough to save the people they love? Or will the world under the never sky destroy them?


My thoughts: This one was rather middle of the road, basic decent for me. The world building in this was nicely done, but the flow of the plot was rather pokey for me. It also reminded me a ton of other movies and books which distracted me like the movie Serenity with the pods and the cannibals. The other issue I had was that I was able to guess exactly what was going to happen throughout the whole book. There were no surprises at all for me which always annoys me.


The book did have a few very cool quotes that I loved though and Perry was absolutely dreamy! I do really like the characters though which really saved this one for me. Aria, Perry, Roar, Cinder, Marron...they are all very cool characters. Plus, I'm always up for a Romeo & Juliet-type "forbidden" love story in a book! :) With this one I'm really hoping the next book steps it up a notch. What did you guys think?


Check out the amazing book trailer they shot recently, it's gorgeous!



Also check out the fascinating author video with Veronica Rossi and learn about her process, her world building and her writing space! 



Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment