Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #11 - Gone, Gone, Gone. Grave Mercy & Masque of Red Death



"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by 
Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selection is:

Release Date: April 17, 2012
Publisher: Simon Pulse

It's a year after 9/11. Sniper shootings throughout the D.C. area have everyone on edge and trying to make sense of these random acts of violence. Meanwhile, Craig and Lio are just trying to make sense of their lives. Craig's crushing on quiet, distant Lio, and preoccupied with what it meant when Lio kissed him...and if he'll do it again...and if kissing Lio will help him finally get over his ex-boyfriend, Cody. Lio feels most alive when he's with Craig. He forgets about his broken family, his dead brother, and the messed up world. But being with Craig means being vulnerable...and Lio will have to decided whether love is worth the risk. (Summary from Goodreads)

Oh my goodness. This one makes me want to read it. Maybe I'm in the mood to cry and be sad and happy all at the same time. :) This sounds like a touching love story. Plus the cover pulls me in. Do the pair of shoes represent something within the story?

Release Date: April 3, 2012 
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

Seventeen-year-old Ismae escapes from the brutality of an arranged marriage into the sanctuary of the convent of St. Mortain, where the sisters still serve the gods of old. HEre she learns that the fod of Death Heimself has blessed her with dangerous gifts-and a violent destiny. If she chooses to stay at the convent, she will be trained as an assassin and serve as a handmaiden to Death. To claim her new life, she must destroy the lives of others. 
Ismae's most important assignment tale her straight into the high court of Brittany-where she finds herself woefully under prepared-not only for the deadly games of intrigue and treason, but for the impossible choices she must make. For how can she deliver Death's vengeance upon a target who, against her will, has stolen her heart? (Summary from Goodreads)

I know, I know...this is a cheat since it came out yesterday... but assassin nuns!? Seriously!? Do I have to say more? I leaped at this one on NetGalley when it was offered up and am almost done and LOVING it! I can't wait to buy it for myself and will definitely be buying it for our MHS LMC! Action, adventure, a forbidden romance, royal intrigue and a seriously kick-butt character!? Who could ask for more!? Plus the cover is to DIE for! Gorgeous! 

Release Date: April 24, 2012 
Publisher: Harper Collins

Everything is in ruins.
A devastating plague has decimated the population. And those who are left live in fear of catching it as the city crumbles to pieces around them.
So what does Araby Worth have to live for?
Nights in the Debauchery Club, beautiful dresses, glittery make-up...and tantalizing ways to forget it all.
But in the depths of the club-in the depths of her own despair-Araby will find more than oblivion. She will find Will, the terribly handsome proprietor of the club. And Elliot, the wickedly smart aristocrat. Neither boy is what he seems. Both have secrets. Everyone does. 
And Araby may find something not just to live for, but to fight for-no matter what it costs her. (Summary from Goodreads)

I got this ARC from Heidi @YABibliophile and SO need to read it! I LOVE Edgar Allen Poe and this just sounds deliciously dark and scary! I've been hearing fabulous things about this one's world, it's love triangle and it's characters. Plus, the cover is AMAZING! Love it! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I still have to read Grave Mercy. >_< And I think both of your other books look very exciting!

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got Grave Mercy! Still need to read it (too many books on the list), but I'm super excited to get into it. I've been looking forward to reading it for ages! Great pick :).

    Followed you :).

    My WoW + Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally want to read Grave Mercy and Masque, but I hadn't heard of Gone, Gone, Gone. It sounds really good! Thanks for putting it on my radar - I've added it to my TBR list and entered the Goodreads giveaway! Great picks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got an ARC of Masque of the Red Death and cannot wait to read it! Great picks!

    :) Aeicha @ Word Spelunking

    ReplyDelete