Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #13- Chosen Ones and Dreamless...


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!


This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selection is:

(The Lost Souls, Book 1)
Release Date: June 12, 2012
Publisher: Entangled Publishing, LLC

What if you were mankind's last chance at survival?

Sixteen-year-old Tess lives in a compound in what was once the Western United States, now decimated after a devastating fourth World War. But long before that, life as we knew it had been irrevocably changed, as women mysteriously lost the ability to bring forth life. Face with the extinction of the human race, the government began the Council of Creators, meant to search out alternative methods of creating life. The resulting artificial human beings, or Chosen Ones, were extraordinarily beautiful, unbelievably strong and unabashedly deadly.
Life is bleak, but uncomplicated for Tess as she follows the rigid rules of her dystopian society, until the day she begins work at Templeton, the training facility for newly created Chosen Ones . There, she meets James, a Chosen One whose odd love of music and reading rivals only her own. The attraction between the two is immediate in its intensity-and overwhelming in its danger.
But there is more to the goings-on at Templeton than Tess ever knew, and as the veil is lifted from her eyes, she uncovers a dark underground movement bent not on taking down the Chosen Ones, but the Council itself. Will Tess be able to stand up to those who would oppress her, even if it means giving up the only happiness in her life? (Summary from Goodreads)

This sounds like another amazing dystopian novel. It kind of seems like it might be a combination of Partials (inability to have babies and engineering/science) meets A Handmaid's Tale (rigid societal rules and gender roles.) Hmm...so many destroyed worlds to discover and so little time. 
This cover creeps me out in a good way.


(Starcrossed, Book 2)
Release Date: May 29, 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen

As the only Scion that can enter Hades at will, Helen descends to the Underworld in search of a way to overcome the Furies and end the cycle of revenge that has cursed the Scions. But she's running out of time. Each descent weakens her both in mind and spirit. A mysterious stranger might be her only salvation, but the price may be her love for Lucas Delos.

I have been waiting on the edge of my seat for this sequel to Starcrossed! This is such a cool concept for a series! I love mythology of any type so this instantly appealed to me, but then the characters that Angelini has created grab a hold of you and don't let go! If you haven't read the 1st book, get to it! :)


What are you waiting on this Wednesday?  

10 comments:

  1. I just read Dreamless awhile ago! The beginning was slow, but the rest? Liked.

    And the cover of Chosen Ones sorta reminds me of the cover of The Eternal Ones. XD

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these books are on my wishlist. Dreamless looks great. Chosen Ones - I've heard mixed things about it. I'll read it though, but I'm not sure what to expect!

    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard abt the first book but it appears to be great. And Dreamless.. oh, Dreamless. CAN'T FREAKING WAIT! :3

    Aleksandra and her WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havne't read Starcrossed (yet), but the Chosen Ones looks really good. Every time I think I'm bored with dystopian books there are a whole bunch more that really intrigue me.

    new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great picks, enjoy!

      http://tributebooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday.html

      Delete
  5. Great picks! I have an ARC of "Dreamless". I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool! Is the cover the same on the ARC b/c this is just so darn gorgeous I think!

      Delete
  6. Awesome picks! I would like to read The Chosen Ones, myself, and I have Dreamless for review from Edelweiss. I'm really looking forward to both!

    Thanks for stopping by. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Chosen one sounds so good- I've had it on my TBR for such a long time now! I can't wait until it releases. Dreamless looks pretty good, and I'm excited to read it, even though I wasn't in love with Starcrossed. I thought it was just ok. I'm hoping Dreamless will change my mind about the first book! Great choices. =)

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete