Thursday, May 10, 2012

Feature and Follow Blog Hop...

Our week in review...
This week felt like it flew by! Which is completely fine with me as long as the weekend crawls! :) I'm thoroughly enjoying Hourglass this week and will have the review up soon, but the great big fun news of the week was when Lissa Price saw my review, loved it, DM'd me and then sent us a signed Starters with tons of great swag for a giveaway! YAY!

Reviews:
Blackout by John Rocco
Me...Jane by Patrick McDonnell
Starters by Lissa Price 

Giveaways:
Congratulations to Lilian, the winner of our The Spring Fling Giveaway Hop! Thank you to everyone who joined in the fun! :) 



Meme's:
Our Week in Books- full of NOOK Books, gifts and NetGalleys.
Top 10 Tuesday- favorite quotes from books!
Waiting on Wednesday-  Starling & This Is Not a Test
Book Trailer Thursday- Revived and Shadow & Bone

This week's question...
In honor of Mother's Day, What are a few favorite books with great mother/child relationships? 
Ange: Actually I'm LOVING the mother & father figures of Thomas and Dru to their sister-in-law and sister Emerson in Hourglass by Myra McEntire that I'm reading right now. They are SO perfect! WOW! And then there's Joanna and her daughters Freya & Ingrid in Melissa de la Cruz's Witches of East End. They have been together for centuries and still have these wonderful relationships that they are working on. Love it. 
p.s. worst parents award= Matilda's parents in Roald Dahl's book. 


Rachel: I love the family dynamics in the Weasley family with their mother and father of the Harry Potter series.  Also in the Lightning Thief series, Percy Jackson and his mother are constantly trying to do everything they can to save one another! Such a great relationship and story of devotion between the two of them.


Happy reading!

18 comments:

  1. I really want to read Hourglass and I totally agree about Mrs. Weasley... she is the best! Thanks for stopping by and following me. Following back.

    PS--only saying this because I saw your button for Word Verification Free, but I still see WV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Steph! Stupid blogger! I turned it off a long time ago I swear! :( Oh well. Hopefully it sticks now! Jeesh!

      Delete
  2. Love the parent/sibling relationships that are still good after so many centuries like that :)

    Thanks for dropping by earlier! I'm following on GFC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the answer of the Weasly's haha and you are correct, Matilda's parents should be investigated. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely forgot about the Weasleys, but I loved them, too!

    Patricia // My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read Hourglass badly! Another in my tbr list asap!
    Im a new blogger glad to meet you!


    Following ^.^

    my FF post

    Valery • The Book Of Owl's

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower, I did think about the Weasley's but then thought they'd be pretty popular, great choice, my FF

    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/feature-and-follow-friday-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes! Hourglass, I forgot! And yup, Percy's mom is in my post, too! :) Happy Friday Ange and Rachel!

    New follower,
    Stop by my FF post? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. AGH I can't believe I forgot about the Weasleys and Percy Jackson! I totally agree with those (and I agree that Matilda's are definitely the worst!). I haven't read Hourglass yet but I keep hearing some great things about it - glad that you are enjoying it!

    Old follower :)
    Happy friday!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhhhh at least I thought I was an old follower! It says I'm not under GFC, I don't know why since I've been reading your blog for awhile! In any case, fixed now :)

      Delete
  9. The Witches of East End was a great book and Mrs. Weasley is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just gotta get my act together and read Hourglass. http://www.deadtreesandsilverscreens.com/2012/05/follow-me-friday-may-11.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read Hourglass yet, but I'm dying to! It's been on my TBR list, and I just haven't gotten to it. Ugh! Hopefully soon. :)

    Thanks for stopping by and the follow! Followed you back! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My FF & TGIF

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Weasley's was a good answer.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/05/feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, yes, Matilda's parents really are the worst :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/05/follow-friday_11.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironically enough, my daughters chose Matilda as our movie last night!

      Delete
  14. That's great! I recently got Timepiece, but still have to read Hourglass... mother/daughter relationships are not often showcased in YA (or at least that's what I think, since I hard a hard time finding books of that kind). And yeah, the Weasley family, definitely!

    New follower :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hourglass and The Percy Jackson series are on my wishlist. And I have to agree about the Weasley family. You can see my FF post here
    New follower :) Happy reading!

    PS- I love your blog header

    ReplyDelete