Saturday, May 12, 2012

Review: Hourglass by Myra McEntire

Hourglass 
by Myra McEntire
Release date: June 14, 2011
Published by: Egmont
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


What if everything you believed was true...isn't?
Emerson Cole sees people who shouldn't be there that no one else can see. Of course, once others know you can (or know that you think you can) see people and talk to people who aren't there...there's medication, counseling, and even a facility. What do you do when you can see people who aren't there? How can you tell who's real and who isn't? What if they talk to you? What if they already know your name?


My thoughts: What the heck was I waiting for on this one? I can't believe this book, with a stinking GORGEOUS cover, has been in my HS LMC for a year and I didn't read it! *smacks self in forehead*


Ok, here's what I loved:

  • Emerson! She rocks! I love that her "edit button is broken." I also love that she's broken and a bit crazy. All the best people are honestly.
  • Thomas and Dru. What a wonderful brother and sister-in-law! How more wonderful could they be!?
  • Lilly. She's such a great bff! Through it all she hasn't abandoned Emerson and has a great personality to boot! I'm really hoping she gets to be a bigger part in things in the future!
  • Jack. He's such a great bad guy! You truly hate him so easily! I literally wanted to rip into the book and rip into him!
  • Kaleb. Dang I want to meet this boy! AND, I want to see that tattoo! There's just something about a bad boy isn't there!?
  • That I had no idea where the heck the story was going! I hate it/get really annoyed when I can see or guess exactly what's going to happen each step of the way in a book. That did NOT happen here! Holy cow! What a roller coaster ride of twists and turns! Brilliant Myra!

Final thought: I'm on to book 2...pause the world and shhh!
View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I love this book! This is making my favorite list!! From the very first chapter I was hooked! Of course, I am a sucker for time-travel stories and this one is the best I've read so far! Wow! The plot was so original, intense and enjoyable!! Everything about this story had me captured, from the mysteries surrounding the time-traveling and the Hourglass, to the dynamic and delicious characters and their tragic stories!

    ReplyDelete