Sunday, May 13, 2012

Review: Timepiece by Myra McEntire

Timepiece 
Author: Myra McEntire
Release Date: June 12, 2012
Published by: EgmontUSA
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


What if you could feel everything that everyone around you was feeling? Would you be able to handle it? Would it crush you? Would it control you? This is what Kaleb Ballard deals with every single day of his life. Well, some days he deals with it, and some days he just drowns it all with numbness by self-medicating. Unfortunately when the evil and completely corrupt Jack Landers continues to destroy the time continuum, the Hourglass gang is given an ultimatum to stop Jack or else everyone's lines will be rewound by Chronos. 
Will the gang be able to even find Landers? They not only don't know "where" he is, but the bigger question is "when"? As he pops in and out of places and times taunting Kaleb and completely obliterating his life, and the people's memories around him that he loves most, the real question begins to be...will there be any hope left soon? As the lines of time begin to literally bleed into one another, will Kaleb be able to hold it all together and unravel it all before it's too late?


My thoughts: For some reason I didn't even read the description of this one because I just knew I wanted to read it immediately from NetGalley, so when I started in and it was Kaleb's POV (point-of-view) instead of Emerson's I was so thrilled! What a great character to have a story told through! Now I'm dying to know who's POV the next book will be from!? Any guesses from the crowd?


This was such an amazing roller coaster ride from beginning to end just like book one was, except that this one had so many more players to keep track of and more twists and turns to deal with. How Myra McEntire keeps all of her threads straight as she's weaving these stories is completely beyond me! See this is why I'm a reader and a gusher of books, not a writer of them! :) Once again I never had a moment when I "knew" what was going to happen next and ever got it right. I hoped beyond all hopes that Kaleb and Lily would end up together, but you'll have to read the book to find out the answer to that one! (That's right, too bad! Read it! *insert evil laugh*) I think delving into the secondary characters and their lives past and present was incredibly fascinating, especially Lily! She was one of my favorite characters from book one and I was thrilled she had a bigger part in this book along with Kaleb!


By the way, this cover is AMAZING! I can't wait to see the cover for the 3rd book after book one and two both had such gorgeous covers! Just plain incredible. They draw people straight to them when they are sitting out on display in the library. Well book one does right now in my LMC, but I'm betting book two will too! I can't wait to get it for them! These books are at the top of my "I want to own them" list now! Thank you SO much Myra McEntire for writing these books...they are an amazing gift to the young adult literature world.


p.s. I'm SO excited that they've been optioned by 20th Century Fox! WOOT! WOOT!


Final thoughts: If you like roller coaster adventures from cover to cover with twists and turns you never even thought to imagine, then this is for you! Go out now and grab it! What are you waiting for, seriously!?

1 comment:

  1. I love this book! This is making my favorite list!! From the very first chapter I was hooked! Of course, I am a sucker for time-travel stories and this one is the best I've read so far! Wow! The plot was so original, intense and enjoyable!!

    ReplyDelete