Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Book Trailer Thursday #21 - Bloodlines Series and Tokyo Heist

Book Trailer Thursday is a feature inspired by Once Upon a TwilightWe are hoping to promote not only new books that are out or are soon to be out on the shelves, but to also promote the creation of book trailers themselves! Make sure to post a comment below and let us know what you've found out there this week!

This week’s trailers:

Author: Richelle Mead
Release date: BOTH are on sale now as of Tuesday!
Published by: Razorbill/Penguin

When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning. 
Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood. (Summary from Goodreads)

I just started book 1 in the Vampire Academy series and have been hearing great things about this 2nd spin-off series of hers. If they are as good as this fabulous book trailer...I'm in all the way! This trailer is stellar!

Author: Diana Renn
Release Date: June 14, 2012
Published by: Viking Children's Books/Penguin

Sixteen-year-old Violet loves reading manga and wearing scarves made from kimono fabric, so she's thrilled that her father's new painting commission means a summer trip to Japan. But what starts as an exotic vacation quickly tuns into a dangerous treasure hunt.
Her father's newest clients, the Yamada family, are the victims of a high-profile art robbery: van Gogh sketches have been stolen from their home, and, until they can produce the corresponding painting, everyone's lives are in danger -- including Violet's and her father's.
Violet's search for the missing van Gogh takes her from the Seattle Art Museum, to the yakuza-infested streets of Tokyo, to a secluded inn in Kyoto. As the mystery thickens, Violet's not sure whom she can trust. But she knows one thing: she has to solve the mystery -- before it's too late. (Summary from Goodreads)


This sounds like high impact adventure! I added it right to my TBR list on Goodreads! :)

What's your favorite book trailer of the week?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't even started the Vampire Academy series yet...and boy do I feel like the only person left on earth who hasn't.

    And Tokyo Heist! I love Japanese culture, and I am so looking forward to seeing how it is incorporated into the novel! (I hope it isn't lame) But a sixteen-year old posing as a detective..I don't know, sounds a bit childish. I guess I have to wait for reviews to come out before I can decide if I want to grab a copy.

    And I got your package today!(I was so excited that I practically ripped the packaging apart) Can't wait to start The Gathering, and I love the STARTERS swag (I stuck the bookmark in my copy of STARTERS...now if I could find the time to devour the book...it's been on my TBR pile for centuries!)

    Lilian @ A Novel Toybox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!!! How stinking fun!! Have you read any of the Heist Society by Ally Carter? They're SO fun and I'm hoping that Tokyo Heist will have a similar feel to it. I love Japanese culture too. AND, you're not the last person to read the VA series b/c I'm JUST starting them! I'm hoping they're good b/c I really want to read Bloodlines, but was told I should read the VA series 1st so I am. I'll keep u posted! :)

      Delete
    2. Your not the only one who has not started the series yet, I have all on kindle ready, but so many to catch up on, will work on my list to start it soon, I am very confused, as it seems 2 books made into one series, thought Bloonlines was separate from VA, but guess I was wrong. lol. I am going to start participating in this trailer Thursdays, I love book trailers. :)

      Delete
    3. Great! I started the 1st book in the VA & am liking it so far. :)

      Delete