Saturday, June 2, 2012

Review: Can I Play Too? by Mo Willems

Can I Play Too? 
Author and Illustrator: Mo Willems
Release Date: Hyperion Book CH
Published by: June 8, 2010
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


From the mouth of my 5-year-old...
This is about an Elephant and a Piggie who are gonna play ball. It's really funny because it goes "Bonk, bonk, bonk, when they try to play ball with the snake." Then the Piggie gets an idea and it's really cool because they all play together.


Her thoughts: It was really cool. The pictures were pretty with blue and pink and green. I like it because it has a "Y" and "T" and "L"!


My thoughts: My daughter giggled and giggled when we read this together this morning which I LOVED! She really liked Elephant and Piggie. It was interesting because for some reason the easy words and simple layout of it all made her decide to repeat each bit that I read as we went along and suddenly SHE READ ONE ON HER OWN! Now I completely get that she probably just guessed at it and got lucky, but seriously it was SO cool! She was SO PROUD that she "READ" it! :)


These books are so fun and I highly recommend them for little ones like my 5-year-old! The can always use more Mo!
and my 5-year-old daughter! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment