Monday, June 11, 2012

Review: Glitch by Heather Anastasiu

Glitch 
Author: Heather Anastasiu
Release date: August 7, 2012
Published by: St. Martin's Press
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Zoel has grown up underground with the rest of the world, living day to day lives Linked to The Community. The Community saved them all from complete extinction. “The Community Link is peace. We are humanity sublime because we live in Community and favor above all else order, logic and peace. Community first, Community always.” –The Community Creed. In a society where everyone is Linked in and there is no pain, no anger, no sadness...just the Academy and then your work assignment for life...what do you do when you have become a Glitcher!? When everyone around you has been trained to report any anomalous activity at the blink of an eye, at a gasp, a flinch...or when you realize the little girl next to you on the Subway platform is about to fall onto the tracks as a train barrels toward her and you scream while lunging for her! How will Zoe keep her secret? Will she be able to?


My Thoughts: This was such a fun read. And, look at that cover! Gorgeous! It was a dystopian psychological thriller and I enjoyed every moment of it! Well, maybe not every moment since one of the fellas quickly turns into a bad guy and with Zoe trying to figure out emotions I struggled at times with the immaturity levels...BUT then I'd think oh yeah! These people are basically drones! So actually they do pretty darn great with their situations as they happen.


I truly adored Zoe! She was a great main character who grew and developed SO much twice! (You'll see! I'm not telling you!) I also adored Adrien! What a good guy in such a crappy situation so many different times. Plus, there are SO many great bad guys and gals you just want to reach into your book and punch like Rambo taking down the Russian! Grrr!


I can't wait to see what happens next for Zoe...and I have SOOOO long to wait! AHHHH! First I MUST get my hands on this book when it comes out AND must buy this for our high school LMC because my students are going to LOVE this one!


Read-Alikes: Starters by Lissa Price, Candor by Pam Bocharz and Delirium by Lauren Oliver.

View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your review~
    GLITCH is on my watchlist, since it seems to me all my favorite genres(dystopian, sci-fi, psychological thrillers) rolled up into one...topped off with a lovely cover!
    I am getting excited for GLITCH's release!

    Lilian @ A Novel Toybox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you loved this one, just finished reading and reviewing it. I thought it was a fun read too, I didn't love love it, but I agree that it's really entertaining and Zoe's such an easy character to like.

    Katja @ YA's the Word

    ReplyDelete