Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Book Trailer Thursday #24 - Confusion of Princes and The Disenchantments

Book Trailer Thursday is a feature inspired by Once Upon a TwilightWe are hoping to promote not only new books that are out or are soon to be out on the shelves, but to also promote the creation of book trailers themselves! Make sure to post a comment below and let us know what you've found out there this week!

This week’s trailers:


Release Date: May 15, 2012
Published by: Harpercollins Children's Books

You'd think being a privileged Prince in a vast intergalactic Empire would be about as good as it gets. But it isn't as great as it sounds. For one thin, Princes are always in danger. Their greatest threat? Other Princes. Khemri discovers that the moment he is proclaimed a Prince. 
He also discovers mysteries within the hidden workings of the Empire. Dispatched on a secret mission, Khemri comes across the ruins of a space battle. In the midst of it all he meets a young woman named Raine, who will challenge his view of the Empire, of Princes, and himself. (Summary from Goodreads)


It sounds awesome, and he honors libraries for all the books that inspired him. I'm not the biggest fan of science fiction, but I do love Ender's Game, and this sounds like it might have some outerspace fighting--cool! I add it to my TBR list on Goodreads!



Author: Nina LaCour
Release date: February 16, 2012
Published by: Dutton Children's Books

Colby and Bev have a long-standing pact: graduate, hit the road with Bev's band, and then spend the year wandering around Europe. But moments after the tour kicks off, Bev makes a shocking announcement: she's abandoning their plans - and Colby - to start college in the fall.
But the show must go on and The Disenchantments weave through the Pacific Northwest, playing in small towns and dingy venues, while roadie-Colby struggles to deal with Bev's already-growing distance and the most important questions of all: What's next? (Summary from Goodreads)

This is just plain cute! It makes me want to jump right in and read this one finally! It's been calling my name from the bookshelf. 

What's your favorite book trailer of the week?

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could say I liked The Disenchantments as much as I liked that trailer, but it just ain't so. I did like the book, but I was hoping to LOVE it. A lot of people have felt differently than me, though. I hope you do! :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete