Friday, July 6, 2012

Our Week in Books...

This is our week in books at Libby Blog. This feature is not our own original idea and is inspired by so many others that are out there (esp. IMM by Story Siren and Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Review) with the goal of sharing our new books and getting to know one another a bit better in the book blogging world. If you have a similar post for the week, please share it in the comments so we can comment back... 
Purchased with my birthday money from Half Price Books and Barnes & Noble...
Across the Great Barrier by Patricia Wrede (Scholastic Press)
Beauty Queens by Libba Bray (Scholastic Press)
Burned by P.C. Cast & Kristen Cast (Atom/St.Martin's Press)
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (Margaret K. McElderry Books)
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (Margaret K. McElderry Books)
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (Margaret K. McElderry Books)
Going Bovine by Libba Bray (Delacorte Books for Young Readers)
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins (Hyperion Book CH)
Hunted by P.C. Cast & Kristen Cast (Atom/St.Martin's Press)
If I Stay by Gayle Forman (Speak/Dutton)
Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers)
Tempted by P.C. Cast & Kristen Cast (Atom/St.Martin's Press)
The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges (Delacorte Books for Young Readers)
The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross (Harlequin Teen)
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa (Harlequin Teen)
The Scorch Trials by James Dashner (Delacorte Books for Young Readers)
The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray (Random House Children's Books)
Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson (Viking Juvenile)
Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson (Viking Juvenile)
Brave Big Golden Book by R.H.Disney (Random House Children's Books)

Whew! That's it! P.S. Did you notice that Monkey #2 (my helper) did her own hair today!? She was SO proud that I couldn't bring myself to fix it for her! LOL! 

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to come back July 11-17 for the Summer Lovin' Giveaway Hop to win a romantic book of your choice! :)

Have a great week in books and let us know what you got for your libby this week!

23 comments:

  1. Aww Brave was such a good movie. You got some great books! I need to finish the Maze Runner series!

    Clean Teen Fiction's STS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my.... What a haul....Looks like you had an amazing week.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great books!! :) The Immortal Rules and Hex Hall were AMAZING books, too! I hope you enjoy all your books!

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a haul. From your list, I've only read the Mortal Instruments series, which I loved. Hope you enjoy them too, as well as your other books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG what a haul and so many fantabulous books! Love the Cassandra Clare books (both series are great!) and the House of Night series is also pretty good (although some of their teen speak annoyed the crap outta me - but the storyline is great!) Enjoy the books you got this week :) Happy reading!

    MaryAnn @ Chapter by Chapter
    This week's haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree on the teen speak of House of Night and haven't been to thrilled with how the series has gone. I still wanted to finish out my series on my shelves and read them too though. I love the plot idea with Nyx and tattoos, etc.

      Delete
  6. wow what a haul! I just got City of Bones, and I have the last next to last one. Have't read them yet though.

    Happy Reading!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I don't even know what to comment on bc there's so much epicness in here!! I really want to read Beauty Queens and If I stay/Where She Went!! Awesomesauce haul!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!! AND this next week will be epic too! It has literally taken 33 years though to convince my family and friends that I really only want cash or B&N gift cards for books for gifts! Just this last year they've started listening! I think it's the blog that's finally made them understand. You'd think becoming an English Teacher and then a Library Media Center Director for a school district would have been a bigger hint! LOL!

      Delete
  8. *falls over* That is a truly epic book haul! Happy (late?) birthday! It looks like you're going to be a very busy reader. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already read about half of them, but yes I will be busy reading! :) Which is just how I like it!

      Delete
    2. I'm with you on that one! I finished 2 yesterday and immediately picked up another. :-)

      Delete
  9. Wow, you got some great books. Immortal rules was really good. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo amazing book haul! Belated happy birthday! Immortal Rules was soooo good. Loved it! Brave was such a cute movie. Thank you for dropping by :P
    ------
    Giselle from booknerd.ca
    Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! so many awesome books. i really liked sisters red and if i stay and i hope you do too. enjoy and happy reading :)

    our "stacking the shelves" post.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great birthday haul! I love Cassandra Clare's books and If I Stay and The Immortal Rules. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by My Stack!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved The Immortal Rules & If I Stay! Super killer haul dude! Hope you enjoy them all! <3
    -heather//My Stack

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! What a great bunch of books. Hope you enjoy them all! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a haul! Wintergirls is SO GOOD!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm reading Sisters read at the moment and I really like it so far! The immortal rules is AMAZING. One of the best reads I had this year :) The gathering storm is a book I really want to read ^^

    And the rest of them are also very nice buys. Great haul! Happy reading :D

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/07/showcase-sunday-7-mixed.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! What a haul!

    I don't know what to say except, ENJOY! I've heard great things about every one of the books mentioned. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just bought City of Glass and I can't wait to read it! I just got a copy of Hex Hall off of Amazon because I have the second book. I also enjoyed If I Stay but I'm a little nervous to read the second book because of the synopsis. The Immortal Rules was really good I enjoyed it! I hope you enjoy everything you got this week! Here's my IMM =)

    http://www.paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/07/in-my-mailbox-42-weekly-wrap-up.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice stack of books this week! You have got a lot of books on your hands. LoL
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete