Saturday, July 14, 2012

Our Week in Books...

This is our week in books at Libby Blog! 
This feature is not our own original idea and is inspired by so many others that are out there (esp. IMM by Story Siren and Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Review) with the goal of sharing our new books and getting to know one another a bit better in the book blogging world. If you have a similar post for the week, please share it in the comments so we can comment back... 

From the Library...
Shadows on the Moon by Zoe Marriott (Candlewick Press) 
Storybound by Marissa Burt (HarperCollins Children's)

Purchased...
Graceling by Kristin Cashore (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown (Delacorte Press)
Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
The Off Season by Catherine Gilbert Murdock (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)

Purchased NOOK Books...
Anew by Chelsea Fine (Acacia Publishing)
Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton (HarperCollins/Katherine Tegen Books)
A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies (HarperTeen)
The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson (Greenwillow/Harper)
Possess by Gretchen McNeil (Balzer+Bray) 

Won from Story Crush...
Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson (HarperCollins Children's)

Won from ReadingTeen.net...
Until I Die by Amy Plum (HarperCollins)

Won from Scholastic...
Raven Boys by Maggie Stievfater (Scholastic Press)

Won from YABookBridges.com...
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (Henry Holt and Co.(BYR))

Won from Armchair BEA, a HarperTeen mystery box...
Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi 

Recieved for Review from Little, Brown...
Ask the Passengers by A.S. King
Fathomless by Jackson Pearce 

 Bought Lies Beneath and had signed by Anne Greenwood Brown at a fabulous bookshop, Apostle Islands Booksellers in Bayfield, WI...
 

Also had my t-shirt I won a few weeks ago signed by Anne! 

Thank you SO much to everyone we won books from and to Little, Brown for sending us ARCs for review. It was so fun to meet Anne and hang out in Bayfield with her (plus I got to have my most favorite pizza in the whole, wide world while there. Check out our "About us" page to see the pizza.) Be sure to check out our stop on the Summer Lovin' Giveaway Hop going on through the 17th and to check out the amazing Epic Deals right now from Harper for eBooks!
Have a great week in books and let us know what you got for your libby this week!

25 comments:

  1. Wonderful haul this week! I especially loved Lies Beneath!

    http://gizmosreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/stacking-shelves-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUDE. You're haul looks SO SPECTACULAR! Can I come visit? You won't notice me, promise, I'll just hide by the bookshelf. :P

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some really good books this week. This is an amazing haul there.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I LOVE the books you got! I'm so jealous that you got Tiger Lily, Lies Beneath and Storybound! I hope you enjoy them!

    New follower! :)

    My STS: http://blogofabookaholic.blogspot.com/2012/07/stacking-shelves-8.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoohoo! I was thrilled when my partner in crime (ehm...I mean reading) split up the books for review b/c I get to read Tiger Lily before Ange! :)

      Delete
  5. You got so many books! I'm especially jealous of Tiger Lily, Lies Beneath, and almost everything else! :) Until I Die was AMAZING and I hope you enjoy all your books!

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, great haul! I just finished The Girl of Fire and Thorns, and I liked it a lot! Hope you do too!

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! I can't wait to read it...I might have to slip it into my list of TBR for this summer. :)

      Delete
  7. Awesome selection, I really want to read Lies Beneath :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG What an amazing week in books! And you were just full of luck with the winning! Yay! Fathomless I am dying to get my hands on. I love Jackson Pearce's writing! I am totally jealous of Tiger Lily. I can't wait to get my hands on that one. Lucky that you got to meet Anne Greenwood Brown! We just finished Lies Beneath, and it was fantastic! Enjoy all the books you got this week! Happy reading :)

    MaryAnn
    What we got this WEEK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a great haul! I really love Shadows on the Moon. It was a great retelling of Cinderella. I hope you read your other books because they are all amazing! Enjoy your books! :)

    STS: http://shatterbooks.blogspot.com/2012/07/stacking-shelves-2.html

    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on my TBR; might have to bump it up a little :) Thanks for the heads up!

      Delete
  10. Awesome haul, ladies! I really want to read Storybound, Lies Beneath, and Shadown and Bone. That's so cool that you got to go to that signing! And I recently read Graceling and loved it--I hope you love it too! And thanks so much for stopping by my blog recently! I feel so bad that I haven't been by here in so long, especially since I love your blog! So I'm sorry about that and I'll try to stop by more often! Hope you ladies have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful haul you guys! So jealous you met Anne Greenwood Brown. I love her writing. It's so pretty. You guys won so many great reads! Enjoy your week in books!
    ------
    Giselle from booknerd.ca
    Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow so many fabulous books! Graceling, Lies Beneath, Tiger Lily, The Raven Boys, Shadow and Bone, SHatter Me, ahhhh!! So awesome! I hope you enjoy all your books! :)

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome Selection. I've been wanting to read Shadows of the Moon & Lies Beneath. I'm super jealous you got to meet the author. Have a great week.

    My Stacking The Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what an epic stack of goodies this week!
    Yay for Tiger Lily! I finally got a copy this week too!
    Shadow and Bone is SO good! and I cannot wait to read The Raven Boys, love that cover!
    Hope you enjoy, happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that's a lot of books and lots of other awesome stuff! I enjoyed Shadow and Bone and am really looking forward to Raven Boys. Hope you enjoy!

    Here's a link to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVED Shatter Me. I hope you enjoy it as well. You got a TON of books this week :) I can hardly wait to read The Raven Boys as well. I have Graceling on my bookcase I just haven't gotten to it yet. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already read it and LOVED IT! :) We also went and met Mafi, we highly recommend it if you get a chance because she is fascinating!

      Delete
  17. Oh Tiger Lily is on my list, congrats on the contest win! I keep almost picking up Smoke and Bone, I'll look at it at the book store but I always leave it behind...I'm waiting until I read some reviews. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so jealous of Possess I can't wait to read it! Ask The Passengers was really good I loved it =) I hope you enjoy everything you got this week. Here's my IMM =)

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/07/in-my-mailbox-44-weekly-wrap-up.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete