Sunday, July 1, 2012

Review: Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

Blood Promise 
Author: Richelle Mead
Release date: August 25, 2009
Published by: Razorbill
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


When the one you love more than anything else in the world has been torn away from you and changed into the very thing you hate...do you curl up and die inside? Do you move on? Or do you hunt them down to kill?


My thoughts: This was an emotional roller-coaster! I feel completely worn out from it all. When I wasn't able to read it yesterday I kept thinking about it. The story begins with Rose literally dropping out of St. Vladimir's and heading off to Russia to destroy the Strigoi who was once Dimitri; I was rather worried that this would be all gloom and doom with lots of sad Lissa scenes. There was some of that in this book, but no where near what I thought. I really appreciated the fact that we not only followed Rose on her mission, but that we also dropped back in with Lissa regularly who was making a new interesting friend. I don't want to go into too much and ruin what happens if you haven't read these yet...so I'll just say that even when I thought I knew what was going to happen, I was only right some of the time with this book. So I still had that frustration of guessing the plot ahead of time, but not until just before something happened which I was ok with for the most part.
I loved that she was in Russia for most of the book and kept picturing it as making for a great movie series. Wouldn't that be fun!? OR, what about a TV series!? I would definitely be in for that!
On to book 5! These are just so fun and full of romance and adventure!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment