Sunday, July 22, 2012

Review: The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver

The Demon Trapper's Daughter 
Author: Jana Oliver
Release date: February 1, 2011
Published by: St. Martin's Griffin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


All Riley wants to do is prove to everyone that she is good enough. Good enough to do what you may ask? Well, trap Demons of course! This alternative reality is one where Demons and Angels have always walked our streets. Where the economy has just gotten worse and worse until there are parts that are beginning to look medieval. While other girls her age are trying to keep up with their homework and talking about boys, Riley is hunting the night streets taking care of the things that go bump in the night. But when the Demons begin greeting her by her name something is seriously wrong.


My thoughts: This was adventure and heartache from beginning to end! Wow! I think I basically read this one in about a day and a half even with my whole family around for the weekend. I think I finished it at about 2 this morning! :) Riley and her father are such great characters and when you add in the other ingredients like Beck, Simon and the other trappers it makes for a masterpiece any chef would be proud of!


This is a fierce start to a series and I can't wait to get the next one!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment