Sunday, July 8, 2012

Review: Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead

Spirit Bound 
Author: Richelle Mead
Release date: May 18, 2010
Published by: Razorbill
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Graduation has finally arrived! Rose and Lissa are off to the Royal Court to start their adult lives where they make all the decisions. Or so they think, since Rose is still not Lissa'a guardian and Rose has still not been given an assignment as guardian. The other problem? Rose has been getting "letters" from Dimitri telling her that he's coming for her on a weekly basis! Then, Rose gets a letter from Abe (aka "Old Man") saying that he has contacted Victor, but that he refuses to share any of the information on who they are looking for. Check out the 5th book in the epic Vampire Academy series too see what the dynamic duo of Rose and Lissa do next!


My thoughts: Ok, I'm going to get the not so great out of the way first: I liked this, but it seemed to go on and on and on for some reason. The other issue I had with it that kept it from being more than 3 for me, was that I completely guessed eveything that was going to happen! If you read my reviews at all, you know I hate that. I want to be surprised! Shocked! Pissed off! Anything that moves me, not feeling meh at the end. :( I'm hoping that this just means that the next book will be off the charts! *puts on optimistic hat* There's almost always one book in a series that's not as great as the rest because things are being setup for the awesome to come in the next book(s). Have you noticed that too?


Ok, now that we have that out of the way...the good: I still adore ALL of the characters SO much! Rose, Adrian, Dimitri, Lissa, Christian, Rhonda, Ambrose, Eddie, Abe, Victor, Tasha...ALL of them! They are such great characters who play their parts SO well. I love this world and setup that Richelle as created for us too. I can't wait to see how Richelle finishes out the story of these characters I have come to thoroughly love...on to the finish-line....

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment