Thursday, July 12, 2012

Review: The Whisper by Emma Clayton

The Whisper 
Author: Emma Clayton
Release date: February 1, 2012
Published by: Scholastic, Inc.
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


The Whisper picks up with Mika and Ellie right when, and where, we left them in Book 1, The Roar. An army of thousands of stolen children, ages 12 and 13, have been trained, made healthy, implanted and lie waiting to be awakened and sent to war. A war fueled and led by Mal Gorman and those in The North who are in power to take back from The South all that has been taken. What will be left when the war is done? What happens to the precious animals...who are in the precious forests they've never seen or even believed existed until now? How are they going to stop all of this and make the adults listen? When the army of children wake up, the world will begin its new beginning...led by children...and mutants alike...who will show the world the way and the truth of what lies in everything and everyone around them because The Whisper is starting. Do you hear it?


My thoughts: WOW! This grabs a hold of you from the very first page, tightens its grip and rushes you along as fast as a Pod Fighter flown by Mika and Ellie until the very last page! If my life hadn't been so full of life when I started it I know I could have started it in the afternoon and finished it by bedtime; the pages fly that fluidly from beginning to end. And what an ending! I never knew where Clayton was going in the plot until she got there! I wondered and I hoped, by I certainly didn't dare to assume because her mind is plain brilliance when it comes to adventure and world creation! These books would make for amazing movies and I honestly can't wait to read them over and over again. These books are the very first ones I recommend to every adult and student who walk through my life or my libraries who asks for a book like The Hunger Games. They are just SO dang good! Wow Emma Clayton. I can't wait to see what you write next, because I am most certainly in my dear. Brilliant! Cheers!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment