Monday, July 2, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday #16 -Books for People Who like Suzanne Collins Hunger Games...



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the team over at Broke and the Bookish! Leave a link to your Top 10 below!

Top 10 Books for People Who Like Suzanne Collins Hunger Games...
I can't begin to tell you how many times a week this comes up in the school LMCs! The first question I always ask someone when they are struggling to find a book in the LMC is, "What was the last book you read that you liked?" Once I've got that starting point, we're off to the races and during this last school-year this series was the answer about 80% of the time! So here are my usual suspects for read-alikes...

1. The Roar by Emma Clayton



2. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

3. Divergent by Veronica Roth

4. Legend by Marie Lu

5. Maze Runner by James Dashner

6. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

7. Eve by Anna Carey

8. Matched by Aly Condie

If they are Juniors or Seniors and interested in classics, I always recommend these:
9. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

10. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

All of these are dystopians in some way and don't have much to do with stepping into the Fantasy realm which keeps them similar to Hunger Games. Some of the books are brutal and some aren't. Some have female MCs and some have male MCs. I can't wait to see what everyone else picked today!
What's on your Top 10 this week?

8 comments:

  1. Great books on your list. I haven't read the Hungers Games, I did watched the movie and I know, I should. Wow, long sentence..anyway, I really want to read Divergent by Veronica Roth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous choices! I really love Uglies and Legend. Those are great picks for THG fans.
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list! I love Suzanne Collins, so I'll have to check out a few of the titles on this list I haven't read yet - like Uglies & The Roar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of those are so darn good! Especially The Roar which never got any real press for some reason.

      Delete
  4. I'm excited that Maze Runner and Eve are on this list because I have them both on my shelf ready to be read and I loved Hunger Games. Uglies, Divergent, Under the Never Sky and Legend were all great too! My Top Ten Tuesday
    -Melissa @HarleyBearBooks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your list and I epsecially like the inclusion of Uglies and Brave New World.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed looking over your collection for this week's meme. Interesting suggestions.

    ReplyDelete