Monday, July 16, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday #17 - Books for People who liked Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the team over at Broke and the Bookish! Leave a link to your Top 10 below!

Top 10 Books for People Who Liked Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief...
If you like Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief that means you like a strong main character who is slightly bewildered by some fantastical events or happenings, but who catches on pretty quickly and then takes you on a great adventure. You might also like...

1. Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins

2. Avalon High by Meg Cabot 

3. Otherkin by Nina Berry
Out at the end of the Month! 

4. The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman

5. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
I know - I always list it, but that means you should read it :)

Of course, I have to include Harry!

7. Forbidden by Syrie James
 
8. The Apothecary by Maile Meloy

9. The Paladin Prophecy by Mark Frost
Out in September, and it will rock your world!

10. Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
Out in September, but you'll LOVE it so it's worth the wait!



What's on your Top 10 this week?

6 comments:

  1. Rachel - thanks for sharing this list. I haven't read most of this so I am excited to check them out! I loved Sarah Rees Brennan's original trilogy so I am intrigued by her upcoming Unspoken. I also participated in this week's top ten Tuesday here: http://rachelwritesthings.blogspot.com/2012/07/top-ten-books-for-people-who-like-sarah.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love Unspoken--I read it as a Netgalley and immediately wanted the next book!

      Delete
  2. I like Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. Yes, I admit I haven't read the book, but I have watched the movie and I liked it. :) Great list! Forbidden by Syrie James looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forbidden is a great story--strong lead and suprising twists. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Thank you. I liked that book, but not enough to continue to read that series, but maybe I do that once too. A great list you've made. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great one I just recently read and posted about is Fablehaven - http://immabookworm.blogspot.ca/2012/07/fablehaven-book-1-by-brandon-mull.html

    ReplyDelete