Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #25 - The Dark Unwinding and Otherkin

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!


This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

 Author: Sharon Cameron
Release Date: September 1, 2012
Published by: Scholastic Press

When Katharine Tulman's inheritance is called into question by the rumor that her eccentric uncle is squandering away the family fortune, she is sent to his estate to have him committed to an asylum. But instead of a lunatic, Katharine discovers a genius inventor with his own set of rules, who employs a village of nine hundred people rescued from the workhouses of London. 
Katharine is now torn between protecting her own inheritance and preserving the peculiar community she grows to care for deeply. And her choices are made even more complicated by a handsome apprentice, a secretive student, and fears for her own sanity.
As the mysteries of the estate begin to unravel, it is clear that not only is her uncle's world at stake, but also the state of England as Katharine knows it. (Summary from Goodreads)

Steampunk has become one of my new favorite things and this one sounds soooo good. The whole idea of the village is such a cool idea too! I can't wait to read it!   


 Author: Nina Berry
Release Date: July 31, 2012
Published by: K Teen

I thought I knew myself. Then I met Caleb.


Dez is a good girl who does as she's told and tries not to be noticed. Then she rescues a boy from a cage, and he tells her secrets about herself.
Now inside her burns a darkness that will transform her.
Everything is about to change -- and neither Caleb, nor the Otherkin, nor those who hunt them are prepared for what Dez will unleash. (Summary from Goodreads)


 Okay, I know I've read and reviewed this, but it was a NetGalley. On July 31st this book will be mine to place on my overflowing (but beautifully packed ;) bookshelves!! Whoohoo :)

What are you waiting on this week?

8 comments:

  1. I am SO excited to read The Dark Unwinding!! I haven't read a lot of Steampunk books so I can't wait for this one :)

    Check out my WOW!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-54.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have The Dark Unwinding and I can't wait to read it! I'm also curious about Otherkin.

    Waiting on Wednesday

    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously!? Then I'm officially jealous! I'll be right over to steal, I mean borrow it! :)

      Delete
  3. These both sound amazing, but I am most excited about The Dark Unwinding. I almost chose it for my WoW today! :-) Great picks, ladies!

    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds lovely! I hope you enjoy it when it comes out :)

    Here is my WoW post. Check it out? ;)

    -Maxine @ Teenage Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new to steampunk, but The dark unwinding looks very good :D

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-16-lilith.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome picks this week! We just finished Otherkin and it was pretty dang good! The Dark Unwinding sounds like it should be a great read. Thanks for sharing! Happy reading :)

    MaryAnn @ Chapter by Chapter
    Our WoW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read Otherkin!! The Dark Unwinding sounds interesting as well...it's going on my TBR lit for sure! :D Thanks for sharing!

    Here's My WoW post! 

    Btw....I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete