Friday, August 10, 2012

Our Week in Books...

This is our week in books at Libby Blog! 
This feature is not our own original idea and is inspired by so many others that are out there (esp. IMM by Story Siren and Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Review) with the goal of sharing our new books and getting to know one another a bit better in the book blogging world. If you have a similar post for the week, please share it in the comments so we can comment back... 
For Review from NetGalley...
Andy Squared by Jennifer Lavoie
Covet by Melissa Darnell
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
Dark Star by Bethany Frenette
The Fire Horse Girl by Kay Honeyman
Frozen by Mary Casanova
Pale by Chris Wooding
Rockoholic by C. J. Skuse
Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone

Purchased NOOK Book...
Entangled by Nikki Jefford - $.99!! Grab it quick! 

Purchased at Anderson's Bookshop and had signed at the author event in Naperville!
Cold Fury by T. M. Goeglein
Insignia by S. J. Kincaid
A World Away by Nancy Grossman
Heidi (YABibliophile) and I drove down to Naperville together for this and WOW! I can't wait to read these after hearing the authors each read an excerpt from their books! ~Ange

Make sure to enter to win in our stop on the YA Giveaway Hop! Be 1 of 2 winners who get to choose their prize from the selection of books! 


Have a great week in books and let us know what you got for your libby this week!

21 comments:

  1. What a stack :-) And the book signing looks like lots of fun. Hope you both enjoy all the books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great selection, happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO jealous of The Darkest Minds and Dark Star! How did you get approved for them?!

    My Haul
    And check out my giveaway HERE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it a great netgalley list?!? I've done this before--go to netgalley.com and request a bunch. (Not really a strategy--more of a lazy move of wait, wait, wait--oh I'd like some different books to read :) I had 5 other ones that I wasn't approved for, but that was probably a good thing :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Hey i'm a new follower :).
    You got so many good books this week ! I'm so jealous that you got The Darkest Minds !!! I loved Alexandra Bracken debut novel Brighly Woven and I can't wait to read this new one !
    Happy reading !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome haul. They all look great. I hope you enjoy them! Happy Reading!

    Mary
    http://sweepingme.com/2012/08/stacking-the-shelves-3/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep hearing so much about Entangled. I might have to buy it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul!! I can't wait to read Dark Star. Have fun reading : )

    my stacking the shelves

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! I've went a little crazy on NetGalley too. :)

    Happy reading!

    Ashley @ Dr. Pepper Diva

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome haul! I can't wait to read Time Between Us. It is my most anticipated 2012 release. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So jealous you have Darkest Minds! I can't wait to read that one!! Awesome week ladies!! Happy reading =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cool haul! I loved Pale hope you do too!

    Happy reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul! I'm trying to avoid Netgalley and catch up on reading but OMG I want Darkest Minds and Time Between Us and Rockaholic!
    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you guys got a ton of books. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet haul!! Yay on the author signing! I wish that we had those here, but no one comes out this way lol Dark Star was such a freakin' amazing book!! I hope you enjoy it just as much. I'm so excited to start The Darkest Mind and Time Between us. Just a few more books to go before I can crack those spines. lol Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy all the books you got this week! Happy reading :)

    MaryAnn @ Chapter by Chapter
    What we got this WEEK

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic haul! :) I'm so jealous of all your NetGalley books and also yay for getting some great books at the author signing :) I don't think I can see your vlog...it's not showing up for me, or there isn't a vlog there -.- I don't really know, but I hope you enjoy all your amazing books! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that stinks b/c it is definitely there! We had a fun couple of weeks!

      Delete
  17. I've heard really good things about Insignia & Cold Fury! I hope you enjoy everything you got this week! Here's my IMM =)

    http://www.paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/08/in-my-mailbox-47-weekly-wrap-up.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darkest Minds! AHHHHHHH! JEALOUS! *types fancy code into computer to steal your copy* That has been on my all of my WOWS forever and a day now. Disney H does not like me so I was denied on NG *cries* lolz
    U got so many awesome books this week! Both of you are going to be happy readers for a looong time :)
    I would of LOVED that signing too.
    New follower via GFC. I love your header and buttons :)
    W.O.W @Books and Beyond

    ReplyDelete