Thursday, August 2, 2012

Review: Die for Me by Amy Plum

Die for Me 
Author: Amy Plum
Release date: May 10, 2011
Published by: HarperTeen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


When sisters, Kate and Georgia, have to move to Paris after the death of their parents, Kate never expected to stumble into an unbelievable whole new world. A world she never would have even dreamed existed. Except, that's exactly what happens after weeks and weeks of Kate's utter and complete desolateness. When the sisters stumble upon a girl about to jump off the edge of a bridge, a young man diving after her, and men in black in the midst of a sword-fight!
What in the world have they stumbled upon? Are these good guys? Bad guys? Should they run away screaming? Should they call for help? And then as quickly as it all happened, it's all over and the sisters are left wondering if they've actually seen what they thought they saw or if they imagined it!

My thoughts: Dang this was a cool story! What a different plot and idea as a whole for story. Plus, what an adventure and love story. I wanted to hug the book to myself at points to both give me a chance to wipe away the tears when Kate's despair almost completely consumed me, and to savor the beautiful love story that was unfolding on the pages in front of me. Not only were the two main characters, Kate and Vincent, great characters, but there were SO many secondary characters that were SO great; Jules, Charlotte, Jeanne, Mamie, Pappy, Georgia, Ambrose, etc. I can't wait to see what happens next for The Revenants et all! AND, what a cover! LOVE it!


Final thoughts: Try this one! You will not be disappointed. It has everything! Love, death, mystery, action, sisters, family, a group of friends bonded by their circumstances (which is always what I love the most in a book); why wouldn't you try it!? ;)

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. This one sounds really good! I heard about this last year but I never picked it up. I'm thinking that I really should now. I absolutely adore the cover as well. :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete