Monday, September 10, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday #22 - Books That Made Us Think (About the World, People, Life, etc.)...

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the team over at Broke and the Bookish! Leave a link to your Top 10 below!

Top 10 Books That Made Us Think...

All five of these books made me question, wonder, and look beyond myself.
1. The Red Tent by Anita Diamant

2. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver


4. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

5. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini



Each one of these changed me in some way, whether it was the first time I really walked in a different culture's path that was completely foreign to me, or the first time I was made to look at what is happening around me in our world and see the large picture of horrific possibilities if we as a human race continue to be, act, destroy, etc. as we are now, or if it was just an amazingly gorgeous and rich world of fantasy that begs you to revisit time and time again...
1. Shadanu: daughter of the wind by Susanne Fisher Staples

2. Delirium by Lauren Oliver

3. Fire by Kristin Cashore

4. Native Son by Richard Wright

5. Uglies Trilogy by Scott Westerfeld


7. Eva by Peter Dickinson

8. Bread Givers by Anzia Yezierska

9. White Oleander by Janet Fitch

10. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

As you can see, Rachel and I were going to do 5 each, but apparently I couldn't stop myself because all of a sudden I had 10 on my own! Oops! ;) Oh well, I guess this is a Top 15 this week.

What's on your Top 10 this week?

3 comments:

  1. I loved Sherman Alexie's book, and it also made it onto my list. I've not read any of the other books on your list, though. I will have to look into some of them.

    Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We share the Dog but others are either unknown to me or on my TBR pile, patiently waiting for me. Interesting selection.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many I not familiar with. Thanks for show casing them.

    Check out our TTT

    ReplyDelete