Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the team over at Broke and the Bookish! Leave a link to your Top 10 below!
Top 10 Books That Made Us Think...
All five of these books made me question, wonder, and look beyond myself.
1. The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
2. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
3. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
4. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
5. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
Each one of these changed me in some way, whether it was the first time I really walked in a different culture's path that was completely foreign to me, or the first time I was made to look at what is happening around me in our world and see the large picture of horrific possibilities if we as a human race continue to be, act, destroy, etc. as we are now, or if it was just an amazingly gorgeous and rich world of fantasy that begs you to revisit time and time again...
1. Shadanu: daughter of the wind by Susanne Fisher Staples
2. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
3. Fire by Kristin Cashore
4. Native Son by Richard Wright
5. Uglies Trilogy by Scott Westerfeld
6. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian by Sherman Alexie
7. Eva by Peter Dickinson
8. Bread Givers by Anzia Yezierska
9. White Oleander by Janet Fitch
10. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
As you can see, Rachel and I were going to do 5 each, but apparently I couldn't stop myself because all of a sudden I had 10 on my own! Oops! ;) Oh well, I guess this is a Top 15 this week.
What's on your Top 10 this week?