Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #33 - Butter and The Archived

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Erin Jade Lange
Release Date: September 18, 2012
Published by: Bloomsbury

A lonely obese boy everyone calls "Butter" is about to make history. He is going to eat himself to death-live on the Internet-and everyone is invited to watch. When he first makes the announcement online to his classmates, Butter expects pity, insults, and possibly sheer indifference. What he gets are morbid cheerleaders rallying around his deadly plan. Yet as their dark encouragement grows, it begins to feel a lot like popularity. And that feels good. But what happens when Butter reaches his suicide deadline? Can he live with the fallout if he doesn't go through with his plan? (Summary from Goodreads)

Okay, you guys, what do you think? I'm repulsed and intrigued by this plot summary. It seems like a very strange storyline, but it might also be powerful in its extreme. 


Author: Victoria Schwab
Release Date: January 22, 2012
Published by: Hyperion

Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books.
Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive.
Da first brought Mackenzie Bishop here four years ago, when she was twelve years old, frightened but determined to prove herself. Now Da is dead, and Mac has grown into what he once was, a ruthless Keeper, tasked with stopping often-violent Histories from waking up and getting out. Because of her job, she lies to the people she loves, and she knows fear for what it is: a useful tool for staying alive.
Being a Keeper isn't just dangerous--it's a constant reminder of those Mac has lost. Da's death was hard enough, but now her little brother is gone too. Mac starts to wonder about the boundary between living and dying, sleeping and waking. In the Archive, the dead must never be disturbed. And yet, someone is deliberately altering Histories, erasing essential chapters. Unless Mac can piece together what remains, the Archive itself might crumble and fall.

This sounds so dang good! PLUS, it's about Librarians!!!! I can't wait for this one to come out so I can find out what's going on in the Archive! 

What are you waiting on this week?

7 comments:

  1. Butter sounds like a great book. Archived looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Archived <3 I want that one in my greedy hands. Butter was.. disappointing for me. But I hope you're going to love it :)

    Visit my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure how I feel about Butter. I think it's too out there for me. But The Archived sounds amazing! I'm totally looking forward to that one!!

    Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo Butter is supposed to be an indie next!!! I can't wait to see how popular it gets! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both look great. Archived especially looks so amazing. Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my post :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, first one sounds really weird. What kind of world is it that it's totally cool for a kid to eat himself to death? Kind of curious. Thanks for stopping by!

    Arianna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really looking forward to The Archived. It sounds amazing and I already have it on my to-read list. Great picks!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete