Saturday, October 6, 2012

Our Week in Books, the EPIC YA Lit Conference Edition!

This is our week in books at Libby Blog! 
This feature is not our own original idea and is inspired by so many others that are out there (esp. IMM by Story Siren and Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Review) with the goal of sharing our new books and getting to know one another a bit better in the book blogging world. If you have a similar post for the week, please share it in the comments so we can comment back... 

I know this is really long, but it was an EPIC week so bare with us! :)

Purchased at the 4th Annual YA Literature Conference hosted by Anderson's Bookshop...
and the coolest part...we got them ALL signed by the authors! :)
Ashfall by Mike Mullin (Tanglewood Press)
Ashen Winter by Mike Mullin (Tanglewood Press)

Ballad: a gathering of faerie by Maggie Stiefvator (Scholastic)
Lament: the Faerie Queen's deception by Maggie Stiefvater (Scholastic)
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Steifvater (Scholastic)

The Blessed by Tonya Hurley (Simon & Schuster)
Ghostgirl by Tonya Hurley (Little, Brown & Company)
Homecoming by Tonya Hurley (Little, Brown & Company)
Lovesick by Tonya Hurley (Little, Brown & Company)

Burning Blue by Paul Griffin (Dial/Penguin)
Stay With Me by Paul Griffin (Dial/Penguin)

The Dark Unwinding by Sharon Cameron (Scholastic)

Flock by Wendy Delsol (Candlewick)
Frost by Wendy Delsol (Candlewick)
Stork by Wendy Delsol (Candlewick)

The Homemade Stuffing Caper: Charlie Collier, Snoop for Hire by John Madormo (Philomel)

Into the Wild Nerd Yonder: My Life on the Dork Side by Julie Halpern (Feiwel & Friends)

Shelter by Harlan Coben (Putnam)

Soulbound: Legacy of Tril by Heather Brewer (Dial/Penguin)

Book brought from home and had signed by the author...
Every Day by David Levithan (Knopf Books)

Purchased from Anderson's Bookshop already signed...
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly (Delacorte Books)

There were SO many great YA authors there: Jennifer Allison, Raina Telgemeier, Donna Cooner, Anne Greenwood Brown, T.M. Geoglien, S.J. Kincaid, Nancy Grossman, Shelia O'Conner, and Lisa Bigelow. I am SO glad I finally listened to Heidi after 3 years of her telling me I should go to this event! This will absolutely be an annual event! 
Have a great week in books and let us know what you got for your libby this week!

15 comments:

  1. Holy amazing book haul! That's insane how many incredible books you both got! Congrats on all of them and being signed and pretty and what not, happy reading! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Stacking The Shelves post you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was such an awesome day! I can't wait for ALA next summer! It'll be our first BIG event! Now I just need a month in a cabin away from civilization to read, read, read...

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoy everything you got this week! You got a bunch of awesome stuff this week!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love the signed pretties! I'm reading Ashen Winter now and Mike Mullin is a god!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was very nice and super friendly taking time to chat with each person in his signing line which was very cool!

      Delete
  4. Woohoo awesome book week! I am so jealous of all your signed goodies! I love book conferences and I really wish we had more by me lol. I hope you enjoy everything!

    Our StS for the week =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I'm soooo jealous of you girls !!!
    I met Maggie Stiefvater once, she came in France last year and she was sooo awesome !! The Dark Unwinding sounds and looks great, I look forward to read your reviews on all these books. Happy reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. An amazing haul & how wonderful you were able to get them signed!

    I really enjoyed Ashfall & Ashen Winter.

    Happy reading & thank-you for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, what an epic post! Looks like you both had so much fun, yay!
    I love the Ghostgirl books! I have the first one and really enjoyed it! Oh, I hope to meet Maggie Stiefvater some day too!!! Every Day and The Dark Unwinding are on my TBR for next month, can't wait to dive into these too!
    Enjoy all of your new reads, I am looking forward to seeing what you think about them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! I've always wanted to go to some kind of big convention where I can meet lots of authors! I've been dying to try Ashfall and I loved Every Day and Maggie Stiefvator. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dudes, I love everything about your post this week! So many freakin' amazing books and you got to meet some amazing authors! Super jaleux <3 I hope you enjoy all the books you got! Happy reading.

    MaryAnn
    Chapter by Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy amazing haul! Not to mention you met them all! AHHH I'll just have to convince myself to head on over to the states for their amazing conferences. Ashfall was so good, and Maggie is such a sweetie in person! I hope you fangirled :D Enjoy all your new books!

    ------
    Giselle from Book Nerd Canada
    Stacking the Shelves #23

    ReplyDelete