Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #36 - Valkyrie Rising and Gates of Paradise

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Ingrid Paulson
Release Date: October 9, 2012
Published by: HarperTeen

Nothing ever happens in Norway. But at least Ellie knows what to expect when she visits her grandmother: tranquil fishing village and long, slow summer days. And maybe she'll finally get out from under the shadow of her way-too-perfect big brother, Graham, while she's there.
What Ellie doesn't anticipate is Graham's infuriating best friend, Tuck, tagging along for the trip. Nor did she imagine boys going missing amid rumors of impossible kidnappings. Least of all does she expect something powerful and ancient to awaken in her and that strange whispers would urge Ellie to claim her place among mythological warriors. Instead of peace and quiet, there's suddenly a lot for a girl from L.A. to handle on a summer sojourn in Norway! And when Graham vanishes, it's up to Ellie--and the ever-sarcastic, if undeniably alluring Tuck--to uncover the truth about all the disappearances and thwart the nefarious plan behind them. (Summary from Goodreads)

Ohh! I love stories that play with other culture's legends and myths. This sounds really good!


Gates of Paradise  
(Blue Bloods, Book 7)
Author: Melissa de la Cruz 
Release Date: January 15, 2013
Published by: Disney-Hyperion

The explosive finale in the Blue Bloods series. The seventh and final novel in the epic saga.
All your questions answered...All the mysteries explained...Friends reunited...Hearts broken...Will Bliss return with the Hellhounds? Will Schuyler save the Blue Bloods? Who will live? Who will die? (Summary from Goodreads)

I have loved this series all the way through. I can't wait to see how it all ends! And I have to say that the covers have been GORGEOUS all the way along! They look SO good all together on my bookshelves! 

What are you waiting on this week?

7 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about Valkyrie Rising so I really can't wait to read it !!
    I haven't read the Blue Blood series but I love the cover for the 7th book !! Great picks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am waiting for Gates of Paradise to come out before I continue on with the series. I think I am on book 4 right now. Great picks this week!!

    Our WoW for the week =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that for a while too and then last year sometime I read all but this last one! I'm so bummed that Wolf Pact didn't come out like it was supposed to though and is now an eBook only and I noticed its in 4 parts on B&N which totals much more than I'm willing to pay for an eBook! Phewy! I keep hoping that it'll change and get printed as a paperback.

      Delete
  3. Valkyrie Rising seems to be a really popular one this week and I've added it to my TBR pile. ^.^ If you want to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, I am super excited for Valkyrie Rising! Only a week to wait! Can't wait to read that one. Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not looking forward to Gates of Paradise but I like the sound of Valkyrie Rising and I already have it on my to-read list. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete