Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #37 - Opal, A Wrinkle in Time: Graphic Novel and Poison


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

  Opal
(Lux, Book 3)
Release Date: December 11, 2012
Published by: Entangled Publishing

No one is like Daemon Black.
When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn't fooling around. Doubting him isn't something I'll do again, and now that we've made it through the rough patches, well...There's a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.
But even he can't protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.
After everything, I'm no longer the same Katy. I'm different...And I'm not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I'm capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won't turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.
Together we're stronger...and they know it. (Summary from Goodreads)

I just finished Obsidian this weekend and can't wait to continue with this series! I really liked the MC; she was a butt-kicking girl who doesn't wait for a guy to save her! Love it! 


Illustrator: Hope Larson
Release Date: October 2, 2012
Published by: Farrar, Straus and Geroux

The world already know Meg and Charles Wallace Murry, Calvin O'Keefe, and the three Mrs--Who, Whatsit, and Which--the memorable and wonderful characters who fight off a dark force and save our universe in the Newberry award-winning classic A Wrinkle in Time. But in 50 years of publication, the book has never been illustrated. Now, Hope Larson takes the classic story to a new level with their vividly imagined interpretations of tessering and favorite characters like Happy Medium and Aunt Beast. Perfect for old fans and winning over new ones, this graphic novel adaptation is a must-read. (Summary from Goodreads)

I know this is already out, but I can't wait for this to get to my MMS LMC when I put in my order this month! I LOVE that this was made into a graphic novel after all these years AND by a graphic artist who is phenomenal! I can't wait to see what Hope has created for us from L'Engle's words. This is one of the best and most imaginative series ever created for children/teens. My true hope is that it continues to be one that is read over and over and taught in schools and hugged to sleep in the wee hours of the morn...to forget it would be a travesty. 

Author: Bridget Zinn
Release date: March 12, 2013
Published by: Disney/Hyperion

Sixteen-year-old Kyra, a highly-skilled potions master, is the only one who knows her kingdom is one the verge of destruction--which means she's the only one who can save it. Faced with no other choice, Kyra decides to do what she does best: poison the kingdom's future ruler, who also happens to be her former best friend. But, for the first time ever, her poisoned dart...misses. Now a fugitive instead of a hero, Kyra is caught in a game of hide-and-seek with the king's army and her potioner ex-boyfriend, Hal. At least she's not alone. She's armed with her vital potions, a too-cute pig, and Fred, the charming adventurer she can't stop thinking about. Kyra is determined to get herself a second chance (at murder), but will she be able to find and defeat the princess before Hal and the army find her? (Summary from Goodreads)

Ok, how darn fun does this one sound!? I was looking way ahead in Goodreads and saw this cover and title which made me have to click on it to read the summary! I was smiling and instantly added it to my TBR list! 

What are you waiting on this week?

14 comments:

  1. I'm dying to read Opal too, I want more Daemon Black NOW !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I'm so looking forward to Opal. Daemon <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to find on person among my book buddies that doesnt want to read Opal.. Dont think there is someone who doesnt lol great pick :)

    Here is mine



    Maria


    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been noticing Opal around...it does look very tempting. Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I really need to read the Lux series since I hear so much good stuff about it. Here is my WoW.

    Vyki @ On The Shelf
    Check out my new meme Cover Crush!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choices this week! I'm dying to get into the Lux series...thanks for sharing :)

    My WoW

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Opal on my to-read list and I can't wait to read it even though I haven't read any of the previous two books. I'll definitely get to them soon(hopefully before Opal comes out) Great pick. I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it.
    Come check out my WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of the LUX series, but it's definitely on my to-do list. :) I'm also waiting impatiently for Poison...I love books involving this subject matter and this one can't release soon enough. Thanks for sharing & stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES, yes and YESSS to all three! Great selections this week :) We definitely NEED more Daemone asap ;) Right?! hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic selections, I've heard so much about Opal and that series and I'm adding them to my TBR pile. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dying to read Opal! After the ending to Onyx I'm really curious what happened and is going to happen to Dawson. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete