Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #38 - Reached and Fairy Tales from the Brothers Grimm

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

  Reached 
(Matched, Book 3)
Author: Ally Condie
Release Date: November 13, 2012
Published by: Dutton Children's Books

After leaving Society and desperately searching for the Rising--and each other--Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again: Cassia has been assigned to work for the Rising from within Society, while Ky has been stationed outside its borders. But nothing is as predicted, and all too soon the veil lifts and things shift once again. (Summary from Goodreads)

These Matched series covers rock! And come November when the third and final one is out I will pick up all three and read the trilogy. I'm excited because I've been interested in this series since the first book arrived at our high school library.


Author: Philip Pullman
Release Date: November 8, 2012
Published by: Viking Adult

Two hundred years ago, Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm published the first volume of Children's and Household Tales. Now, at a veritable fairy-tale moment-witness the popular television shows Grimm and Once Upon a Time and this year's two movie adaptations of "Snow White"--Philip Pullman, one of the most popular authors of out time, makes us fall in love all over again with the immortal tales of the Brothers Grimm.
From much-loved stories like "Cinderella" and "Rumpelstiltskin," "Rapunzel" and "Hansel and Gretel" to lesser-known treasures like "Briar-Rose," "Thousandfurs," and "The Girl with No Hands," Pullman retells his fifty favorites, paying homage to the tales that inspired his unique creative vision-and that continue to cast their spell on the Western imagination. (Summary from Goodreads)

I'm very curious about this one...will there be a very cool introduction from Philip Pullman? Did he pick out what was going to be in the book? What makes him the author? Why is it published by Viking Adult and not a children's line? Did he translate it from German again? Grimm's Fairy Tales are one of my all-time favorite books ever which I read aloud to my girls. It's one of our "things" we share together! LOVE this collection of stories!

What are you waiting on this week?

9 comments:

  1. Interesting choices! I haven't read Reached's books but they do look pretty good. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great two choices! I have not read MAtched yet, I heard mixed reviews, but I am willing to read this series. I can now binge read on 3 books, soon:)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already have Reached on my to-read list and I can't wait to get my hands on it. I haven't read book two in the trilogy yet but I will when I know I can have book three waiting for me after I'm finished.. I haven't heard of the other book but I hope you like it when you read it. Great picks.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dying to read Reached and see how it all ends. I love Xander!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to read the Matched series, the covers are beautiful and eye-catching.
    However, I am SO going to NEED Pullman's version of Grimm's Fairytales!!! I am all about fairytale stories and cannot wait to see what he does with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Philip Pullman! I really need to read his version of the Grimm's Fairy Tales. Love his books. And of course, I can't forget about the latest form Ally Condie. Can't wait to see how the series ends. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two interesting choices, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-gilded-wings-angel_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited for Grimm novel!!! Fairytale stories from the brothers always rock! :)

    Here is mine



    Maria

    ReplyDelete