Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Book Trailer Thursday #42 - Alice in Zombieland and What's Left of Me

Book Trailer Thursday is a feature inspired by Once Upon a TwilightWe are hoping to promote not only new books that are out or are soon to be out on the shelves, but to also promote the creation of book trailers themselves! Make sure to post a comment below and let us know what you've found out there this week!

This week’s trailers:

Alice in Zombieland 
(The White Rabbit Chronicles, Book 1)
Author: Gena Showalter
Release Date: September 25, 2012
Published by: Harlequin Teen

She won't rest until she's sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.

Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that's all it tool. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.
 Her father was right. The monsters are real...
To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn't careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies...

I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently.
I'd tell my sister no.
I'd never beg my mother to talk to my dad.
I'd zip my lips and swallow those hateful words.
Or, barring all of that, I'd hug my sister, my mom and my dad one last time.
I'd tell them I love them.
I wish...Yeah, I wish. 
(Summary from Goodreads)

For some reason I missed this before, and find it very creepy and fascinating at the same time. I've been hoping to get my hands on this one sometime soon and can't wait! I'm hoping for a kick-butt character to love!


What's Left of Me  
(The Hybrid Chronicles, Book 1)

Author: Kat Zhang 
Release Date: September 18, 2012
Published by: HarperCollins


I should not exist. But I do.

Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else--two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren't they settling? Why isn't one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn't...
For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she's still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable-hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet...for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything. (Summary from Goodreads)

Umm, holy cannoli! This sounds soooo intriguing. What an awesome book trailer! I'm not sure I would have picked this up from the shelf based on its book jacket synopsis, but this trailer intrigued me enough to want to read it.

What's your favorite book trailer of the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment