Friday, November 23, 2012

Our Week in Books...

This is our week in books at Libby Blog! 
This feature is not our own original idea and is inspired by so many others that are out there (esp. IMM by Story Siren and Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Review) with the goal of sharing our new books and getting to know one another a bit better in the book blogging world. If you have a similar post for the week, please share it in the comments so we can comment back...



From the Library...
As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott (Speak/Penguin)

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson (Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing)

Won from Katherine Skye...
Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr (HarperTeen)
&
A fabulous blue book light! 

From ZestBooks for Blogging for Regine...
Regine's Book: a teen girl's last words by Regine Stokke 

Our Week in Review...
Review: Weird but True! 4 by National Geographic Kids 
Waiting on Wednesday #42 - The Darkest Minds and Impostor  
Book Trailer Thursday #44 - Mystic City and The Apothecary 
Review: Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs 

We hope everyone in the USA had a great Turkey Day filled with close friends, family and PIE of course! But most of all, I hope everyone has time for the 3Rs this weekend 
Relax, Recharge and Read! :D



What did you get for your libby this week?

17 comments:

  1. Carnival of Souls was amazing! I am very curious about As I Wake. I hope you enjoy all your books this week!

    Our StS for the week =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! I haven't really read any reviews on it yet. I don't want them to jade me I think. We'll see. My favorite Marr book is Ink Exchange, so I like them dark I guess. I'm curious about As I Wake too! I can't wait to see what Rachel has to say!

      Delete
  2. What a great win! I'm really wanting to read Carnival of Souls. As I Wake looks interesting. Kinda loving the cover! I hope you enjoy all that you got this week. Thanks for sharing and happy reading!

    MaryAnn | Chapter by Chapter
    What we got this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to try CoS! I agree about that cover on As I Wake! I love it!

      Delete
  3. Second Chance Summer is great! I want to read Carnival of Souls. Great haul :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I Wake has a great cover! But it was a crazy weird book. I'm still not sure what it was about....lol Carnival of Souls sounds awesome! Happy reading!
    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul.

    Regine's Book sounds like a book that is like to have the opportunity to read and I hope that it gets a Kindle release in the UK.

    Enjoy your reads.

    Please check out my haul at http://resolution-corner.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/showcase-sundayletterbox-lovestacking_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to get around to reading something by Melissa Marr. Which of her novels would you recommend starting with?

    Now following your blog :)

    Here's my STS post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new books! Holy smokes, the cover of As I Wake is freaking gorgeous. The crazy smoke thing that's going on.. so cool!

    Carnival of Souls was one of my most highly anticipated autumn 2012 reads.. but I was kind of disappointed by it. :( I really hope you enjoy it more than I did!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Ashley @ Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that a couple of times so I'm trying to be very open-minded and not have any preconceived notions about it.

      Delete
  8. Nice ones, As I Wake has an interesting cover, think I am likeing it, lol.
    Hope all is well.
    Stacking the Shelves & In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  9. My cousin just finished reading Carnival of Souls and she told me all about it! I'm still going to read it for myself.

    Our StS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I have heard so many good things about Second Chance Summer, a story that will tug at our hearts - I really need to get this one soon! And I have heard such up/down things about Carnival of Souls, I am really curious to see what you think!
    Enjoy your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been wanting to read Carnival of Souls for awhile, I'm so jealous! Thanks for stopping by my IMM :)

    Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've had Carnival of Souls on my Nook for awhile now, I just never got around to it. Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete