Monday, November 12, 2012

Review: Perception by Lee Strauss

Perception 
Author: Lee Strauss
Series: Perception, Book 1
Release date: September 12, 2012
Published by: Indie eBook
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Zoe Vanderveen is a GAP, a Genetically Altered Person. She will live to be at least 200 years old, will not get sick, and has a specifically selected physical make-up and intellect. She lives in a mansion on prime, ocean-front property along with the rest of the GAP community and hasn't a care in the whole world other than what to wear, what to do and surfing with her brother.

Noah is a Natural; someone who has chosen to not be altered and who hasn't even been chipped. Noah is also a very active protester against GAP science and all of its moral wrongness. He believes that the there is a ever-widening gap being created between those who can and those who can't afford becoming a GAP.

The problem = Zoe's brother Liam hasn't come home in days and Noah Brody may be the only person who can help her figure out what's happened to him. Of course there is the "little" issue that Zoe has never been on the "Outside" and Noah doesn't like GAPs...so how are they going to work together to figure out what's going on? How are the going to find Liam? How is Zoe going to get the answers to all the questions she keeps having? It turns out that trust is found in the most unlikely of places.

My thoughts: This was a great read! It was action-packed from the very beginning to the very last page. It had me crying, laughing, loving, and gripping the edge of my seat.

I loved the star-crossed lovers angle which was put into such a cool, syfy format! Oh, and the tech! THE TECH IS AMAZING! I felt like I was staring around in this world with my mouth hanging open and saying "COOL!" "HOW COOL!" There were so many fascinating new things I've never heard of, or new alterations of things that we have now that were incredible. I was just in love with the technology Strauss came up with! IN LOVE!

The plot was a bit what I expected, but I have to say that not all the time. Sometimes I was surprised, and even when I wasn't there was something about the way that it all went down that made me incredibly content. Not annoyed.

I do have to say that I wish it was one that I could buy for the shelves of our libraries, but it's only in Kindle eBook format so far that I could find. I'm glad I got my copy through the author because I wouldn't have been able to buy it otherwise since I'm a B&N girl! :( I'm hoping this series might get picked up and get published! Does anyone know? Maybe that's the plan/hope.

A very cool bonus: At the end, when you're dying for more and you can't believe it's over...Strauss has the first chapter of book 2 for you! Very nice!

Final thoughts: I can't wait for Volition (Book 2) to come out! I'll have to figure out how to get my paws on it ASAP when it comes out! In the mean time I will certainly be telling anyone with a Kindle that they have GOT TO buy ($2.99!) Perception because it's FANTASTIC! P.S. I want a car that drives itself SO BAD!
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment