Friday, November 23, 2012

Review: Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs

Sweet Venom 
Series: Medusa Girls, Book 1
Author: Tera Lynn Childs
Release date: September 6, 2011
Published by: Katherine Tegen Books
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Gretchen is a kick-butt monster hunter on a mission to protect humanity.
Grace is an eco-conscious computer whiz just trying to make her way in a new city and a new school.
Greer is a high society committee running, top shelf dating, ambitious young woman.
How will these 3 incredibly different young women find common ground so that they can fulfill their mythological destiny? Will they be able to do it before the creatures destroy them all?

My thoughts: I liked this one! This was definitely worth the awesome FREE price I swiped this for from B&N as a NOOK Book! I liked the mythology, the sisters discovery of finding each other, the action, the relationships stitching themselves together and tearing themselves apart...a good story.

I'm curious how Childs came up with the idea to twist the Medusa story so that she and her sisters were heroes instead of villains!? The idea that these women were superheroes is brilliant!

Now I'm on to book 2 thanks to ReadingTeen.net! :)
View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Great review. I got this book as a freebie on Amazon a while back but I've not read it yet. I like the whole spin on Medusa too.

    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to try it! Now that I've read it I can't believe I got it for FREE!

      Delete