Monday, November 19, 2012

Review: Weird but True! 4 by National Geographic Kids

Weird but True! 4: 300 Outrageous Facts 
Author: National Geographic Kids
Release date: October 23, 2012
Published by: National Geographic Children's Books
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Crazy, but absolutely true facts like...

"The world's most stolen food is cheese."

"A Narwhale uses its tusk to detect changes in the weather."

"There is an eel in New Zealand that can live for more than 100 years."

"There are more than 700 versions of the Cinderella story."

"A Blue Whale's largest veins are so big that you could swim through them."

"Mail is still delivered by mule to the remote town of Supai, Arizona, U.S.A."

Seriously, I could go on and on! They are SO fascinating! Once you start flipping through it, that's it! You're hooked! You end up reading the whole thing!

My thoughts: These are a great price and are SO darn fun! This was my purchase for me after picking out books for classrooms and 2 each for my daughters at their school's Scholastic Book Fair Thursday! I think I read the whole thing aloud to whomever was listening while waiting for an hour in between parent/teacher conferences for my girls. Love these! I don't know that it's useful information but it sure is cool! These would make a great addition to any classroom, or even a bathroom! :) They would be great stocking stuffers for people who are hard to buy for.
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment