Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #45 - Falling Kingdoms & Indigo Awakening


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Falling Kingdoms 
(Falling Kingdoms, Book 1)
Author: Morgan Rhodes 
Release Date: December 11, 2012
Published by: Razorbill

In a land where magic has been forgotten but peace has reigned for centuries, a deadly unrest is simmering. Three kingdoms grapple for power--brutally transforming their subjects' lives in the process. Amidst betrayals, bargains, and battles, four young people find their fates forever intertwined:
Cleo: A princess raised in luxury must embark on a rough and treacherous journey into enemy territory in search of a magic long thought extinct.
Jonas: Enraged at injustice, a rebel lashes out against the forces of oppression that have kept his country impoverished--and finds himself the leader of a people's revolution centuries in the making.
Lucia: A girl adopted at birth into a royal family discovers the truth about her past--and the supernatural legacy she is destined to wield.
Magnus: Bred for aggression and trained to conquer, a firstborn son begins to realize that the heart can be more lethal than the sword...
The only outcome that's certain is that kingdoms will fall. Who will emerge triumphant when all they know has collapsed? (Summary from Goodreads)

Okay, I love a story with several main characters, and these characters are involved in the rise and fall of kingdoms--awesome!


 Indigo Awakening 
(The Hunted, Book 1)
Author: Jordan Dane 
Release Date: December 18, 2012
Published by: HarlequinTeen

Because of what you are, the Believers will hunt you down.

Voices told Lucas Darby to run. Voices no one else can hear. He's warned his sister not to look for him, but Rayne refuses to let her troubled brother vanish on the streets of LA. In her desperate search, she meets Gabriel Stewart, a runaway with mysterious powers and far too many secrets. Rayne can't explain her crazy need to trust the strange yet compelling boy--to touch him--to protect him even though he scares her.
A fanatical church secretly hunts psychic kids--gifted "Indigo" teens feared to be the next evolution of mankind--for reasons only "the Believers" know. Now Rayne's only hope is Gabe, who is haunted by an awakening power--a force darker than either of them imagine--that could doom them all. (Summary from Goodreads.)

This sounds so good! I can't wait to try it! Has anyone read it already?

What are you waiting on this week?

15 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read Fallen Kingdoms! It looks awesome! Great picks this week!Check out my WoW post :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also can't wait for Falling Kingdoms! I have an eARC of Indigo Awakening but I'll be reading it some time near a blog tour.

    Here's my WoW! :D

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to go find it on NetGalley I think!

      Delete
    2. I got it from there! The pub e-mailed a widget, though, so I don't know if it's available for everyone :D

      Delete
  3. I'm enjoying Falling Kingdoms so far (I have an eARC) and I can't wait to read Indigo Awakening either! Great picks!

    My WoW post

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks. They both sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds really good and like a lot of people are waiting for it. Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic picks ladies! Falling Kingdoms was freakin' amazing! I will sing its praises all over the place! Indigo sounds pretty great too! Jordan Dane is an absolute sweetheart. Thanks for sharing and happy reading!

    MaryAnn | Chapter by Chapter
    Our WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exciting picks, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/12/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover to Falling Kingdoms but I'm sacred the several characters thing will confuse me :\

    I haven't heard of the second book but it sounds so interesting!

    Here's what I'm waiting on this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm waiting for Indigo Awakening too. I'm really excited about it and I want to read it so bad. I hope you enjoy reading your picks!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to read Falling Kingdoms, and Indigo Awakening is a book I have for tour, and I'm excited for it as well. Great picks! Enjoy! *New Follower*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Thanks for the follow! I'm rather jealous that you have Indigo for a tour too! Fun!

      Delete
  11. Falling Kingdoms was amazing. It is one of my favorite books of the year.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete