Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #47 - Princess of the Silver Woods and Touch of Death


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

  Princess of the Silver Woods 
(Princess, Book 3)
Author: Jessica Day George 
Release Date: December 11, 2012
Published by: Bloomsbury USA Children's Books

When Petunia, the youngest of King Gregor's twelve dancing daughters, is invited to visit an elderly friend in the neighboring country of Westfalin, she welcomes the change of scenery. But in order to reach Westfalin, Petunia must pass through a forest where strange two-legged wolves are rumored to exist. Wolves intent on redistributing the wealth of the noble citizens who have entered their territory. But the bandit-wolves prove more rakishly handsome than truly dangerous, and it's not until Petunia reaches her destination that she realizes the kindly grandmother she has been summoned to visit is really an enemy bent on restoring an age-old curse. 
The stories of Red Riding Hood and Robin Hood get a twist as Petunia and her many sisters take on bandits, grannies, and the new King Under Stone to end their family curse once and for all. (Summary from Goodreads)

What a cool combination of fairy tales! This sounds like a fun series, so I also noted the first two to read. 


Touch of Death 
(Touch of Death, Book 1)
Author: Kelly Hashway
Release Date: January 15, 2013
Published by: Spencer Hill Press

Jodi Marshall isn't sure how she went from normal teenager to walking disaster. One minute she's in her junior year of high school, spending time with her amazing boyfriend and her best friend. The next she's being stalked by some guy no one seems to know.
After the stranger, Alex, reveals himself, Jodi learns he's not a normal teenager and neither is she. With a kiss that kills and a touch that brings the dead back to life, Jodi discovers she's part of a branch of necromancers with poisoned blood writhing in their veins.
Jodi's deadly to the living and even more deadly to the deceased. She has to leave her old, normal life before she hurts the people she loves. As if that isn't difficult enough, Jodi discovers she's the chosen one who has to save the rest of her kind from perishing at the hands of Hades. If she can't figure out how to control her power, history will repeat itself, and her race will become extinct. (Summary from Goodreads)

This sounds so creepy and sad and good! I can't imagine how terrible it would be to not be able to touch anyone ever for fear that you'll kill them. I think that's why Rogue has always been my favorite X-Men; she's just so fascinatingly alone even while there are people all around.

What are you waiting on this week?

12 comments:

  1. These both look really great! I haven't read the first series, but I'm definitely going to make a point to look them up.
    I like Rogue too, she's not my favorite, but she definitely stands out.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of the first book so will have to check that series out. Touch of Death is one I want to read only a couple weeks to release yet so yay!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Touch of Death sounds AWESOME. I cannot wait to read it!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! *fans herself* Hottt reads :))

    New follower ;)

    My WOW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not really my kind of read, but thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy! your picks.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/12/waiting-on-wednesday_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really looking forward to reading Touch of Death when it comes out because it sound pretty good. I hope you enjoy reading your picks when you get the chance to. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read Touch of Death! It sounds so good and I've read some fabulous reviews for it! Great choice. :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Princess of the Silver Woods is good. I really love fairytale retellings, and Jessica Day George. My favorite George book, though, is Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read a few reviews of Touch of Death and they are all raving so far! I am super curious, the premise has been done quite a few times so I'm interested to see how the author pulls it off and (hopefully) still makes it feel original. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete