Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #49 - Just One Day and Fragments

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Just One Day 
(Just One Day, Book 1)
Author: Gayle Forman 
Release Date: January 8, 2013
Published by: Dutton Juvenile

When sheltered American good girl Allyson "LuLu" Healey first meets laid-back Dutch actor Willem De Ruiter at an underground performance of Twelfth Night in England, there's an undeniable spark. After just one day together, that spark bursts into a flame, or so it seems to Allyson, until the following morning, when she wakes up after a whirlwind day in Paris to discover that Willem has left. Over the next year, Allyson embarks on a journey to come to terms with the narrow confines of her life, and through Shakespeare, travel, and a quest for her almost-true-love, to break free of those confines. (Summary from Goodreads)

This sounds like a beautiful coming-of-age story. It does seem like it may have a bittersweet element to the romance, but if you're throwing in a little Shakespeare that's bound to happen.


Author: Dan Wells 
Release Date: February 26, 2013
Published by: Balzer + Bray 

Kria Walker has found the cure for RM, but the battle for the survival of humans and Partials is just beginning. Kira has left East Meadow in a desperate search for clues to who she is. That the Partials themselves hold the cure for RM in their blood cannot be a coincidence--it must be part of a larger plan, a plan that involves Kira, a plan that could save both races. Her companions are Afa Demoux, an unhinged driter and former employee of ParaGen, and Samm and Heron, the Partials who betrayed he and saved her life, the only ones who know her secret. But can she trust them?
Meanwhile, back on Long Island, what's left of humanity is gearing up for war with the Partials, and Marcus knows his only hope is to delay them until Kira returns. But Kira's journey will take her deep into the overgrown wasteland of postapocalyptic America, and Kira ad Marcus both will discover that their greatest enemy may be one they didn't even know existed. (Summary from Goodreads)

I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait! I LOVED book 1 SO MUCH! The science, the mystery, and the building of the broken world was fascinating, not to mention that the main character is just plain wonderful! I love her! I just can't wait to find out what happens next for Kira and her make-shift family!

What are you waiting on this week?

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read Partials yet but I really want to at some point... :) I want to read Just One Day as well, though I've never read any Gayle Foreman before.

    Check mine out Here (My WOW)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for both of these too. They just look fantastic.

    Thanks for sharing.

    My WOW is here

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have both of those on my list! I am sorry to say I have not read Partials but I am planning on it! Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. FRAGMENTS!!! OMG YES! I adored Partials so much! I seriously can't wait for this book!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need Fragments in my life, like now! Great WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete