Saturday, February 2, 2013

Our Week in Books...



This is our week in books at Libby Blog! 
This feature is not our own original idea and is inspired by so many others that are out there (esp. IMM by Story Siren and Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Review) with the goal of sharing our new books and getting to know one another a bit better in the book blogging world. If you have a similar post for the week, please share it in the comments so we can comment back...

From the Library...
A Brief History of Montmaray by Michelle Cooper (Knopf Books for Young Readers)
Death Cloud by Andrew Lane (Farrar, Straus and Giroux) 

Bought...
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (Little, Brown)

Bought cheap NOOKBook...
Incarnate by Jodi Meadows (Katherine Tegan Books) - $2.99!

Won from the Author via Twitter...
The Archived by Victoria Schwab (Hyperion)
THANK YOU VICTORIA!! 


Waiting on Wednesday #52 - Nobody But Us and Perfect Scoundrels
Book Trailer Thursday #53 - Etiquette and Espionage

What did you get for your libby this week?

14 comments:

  1. Daughters of Smoke and Bone looks so good! Hope you enjoy your haul. Happy reading! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all the Incarnate showing up in everyone's StS posts. Such an amazing book. Enjoy your pretty books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read Daughter of Smoke and Bone! I really need to get on that. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oohh I keep hearing amazing things about Archived. I'm so excited to start it. Great haul ladies!
    ------
    Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada
    Stacking the Shelves Book Haul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul which includes some "Young Sherlock Holmes" for good measure.

    The cover for Death Cloud is quite a lot different too what we get in the UK.

    Enjoy your picks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 2nd book that we have in the library here at school has a VERY different cover then this 1st one actually! I wonder if it's like your UK one!? hmmm...

      Delete
  6. Hi, Ange!

    Thanks so much for dropping by and commenting on my post for "Stacking The Shelves"!

    I really like your choices!! The library books are new to me, but I've checked them out on Goodreads, and they look very intriguing. I've read "Daughter of Smoke and Bone", and yes, it DOES live up to all the hype! As for "Incarnate" and "The Archived", they're both on my wish list AND TBR list!!

    I also like that you've enhanced your post with a video, which I really enjoyed watching, and listed all of the blog's weekly posts. I want to check them out, too!

    Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The vlog is something we always insist on doing but it kills me to do b/c I make everyone go away but this week NO ONE would go away!!! AHHH! There's even a custodian vacuuming the other room if you listen hard enough! Grrr! I'm just SO self conscious for some reason! Ugh! Oh well!

      Delete
  7. I have a little confession to make...I couldn't resist...I just bought "Death Cloud" at Amazon!! I LOVE Sherlock Holmes, so the idea of seeing him in action as a teen was irresistible!! Thanks for adding to my own libby!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOT! Glad to add to anyone's Libby! :D Also, if you haven't tried out the show Elementary, IT'S AWESOME! LOVING IT!

      Delete
  8. Whoo-hoo gotta love e-book deals! I still need to read DoS&B too! I just recently found a used copy online for cheap, so ordered that one & should be on the way soon yay! Death Cloud sounds pretty awesome! Hope you enjoy your new reads! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to read Incarnate soon, with all of these sequels coming out I am realizing how many books came out last year that I wanted to read but never got to. Sad.

    The Archived sounds really cool, such a unique concept!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice haul! I really enjoyed Daughter of Smoke & Bone. And I really want to read Incarnate and The Archived! I hope you guys love your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Archived sounds amazing and I've heard so many good things about Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Enjoy all of your books! :)

    ReplyDelete