Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Review: Also Known As by Robin Benway

Also Known As 
Author: Robin Benway
Release date: February 26, 2013
Published by: Bloomsbury USA
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Maggie Silver can't wait to get out and do some good in the world! To right the wrongs of others just like her folks have been doing for years while she has been cooped up in houses, being moved around the globe for her entire life, being brought in at the very last second, so she could crack the safe, grab the proof, and then smuggled out. She never got to see anyone, or do anything...
WELL, all that is about to change! The tables are about to be changed completely as the family has been given a new assignment...and Maggie has been her very first solo assignment while her parents stay home and read the newspaper.
The question is, will Maggie be able to pull off her assignment and will her folks be able to stand the boredom?

My thoughts: I thoroughly enjoyed this one from its expectantly teenage mean girls on the first day of school to the delightfully silly turn of super-spy-parents staying home while the super-spy-safe-cracking-but-usually-homebody-daughter goes to school all day! I just loved it all. I think that Benway really made her novel work the most in all of her secondary characters...they were just as richly done up as her main character was.
I loved Maggie Silver. End of story. She was just a phenomenally good human! But bring in the menagerie of fabulous secondary characters of Jesse, Roux, Angelo and her parents...and it was just so darn good! I can't wait to get this one on the shelves of both my high school and middle school LMCs! The kiddos are going to LOVE it!

Final thoughts: I can't wait to get this one on MY SHELVES at home! And, I will certainly be paying attention to the next book Robin Benway writes!
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment