Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #54 - Unremembered and Requiem

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Jessica Brody 
Release Date: March 5, 2013
Published by: Farrar, Straus, & Giroux/MacMillan

The only thing worse than forgetting her past...is remembering it.

When Freedom Airlines Flight 121 went down over the Pacific Ocean, no one ever expected to find survivors. Which is why the sixteen-year-old girl discovered floating among the wreckage-alive-is making headlines across the globe.
Even more strange is that her body is miraculously unharmed and she has no memories of boarding the plane. She has no memories of her life before the crash. She has no memories period. No one knows why she wasn't on the passenger manifest. And no one can explain why her DNA and fingerprints can't be found in a single database in the world.
Cripple by a world she doesn't know, plagued by abilities she doesn't understand, and haunted by a looming threat she can't remember, Seraphina struggles to piece together her forgotten past and discover who she really is. But with every clue only comes more questions. And she's running out of time to answer them.
Her only hope is a strangely alluring boy who claims to know her from before the crash. Who claims they were in love. But can she trust him? And will he be able to protect her from the people who have been making her forget? (Summary from Goodreads)

This sounds slightly depressing at first, but it will make for a great mystery to enjoy while reading: Who is she? Who is the boy? Why are there no records on her? Curious!


Requiem
(Delirium, Book 3)
Author: Lauren Oliver
Release Date: March 5, 2013
Published by: HarperTeen

Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has been transformed. The nascent rebellion that was under way Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight.
After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven--pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators now infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels, and as Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe loveless life in Portland as the fiancee' of the young mayor. Requiem is told from both Lena's and Hana's points of view. The two girls live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge. (Summary from Goodreads)

I've had Pandemonium sitting on my shelf waiting for me since it came out, but haven't been able to pick it up for some reason...maybe it's because I've been waiting for Requiem all along! Or maybe it's because Delirium made such an impressionable mark on me that I'm afraid for some reason to read the next one. (I even have a quote from the book inked on my body FOREVER!) Now it's so close! It's almost here. I will certainly be reading Delirium again before the last two, and oh how I can't wait to dive back into their world again and feel their pain, their fear...Lauren Oliver grabs ahold of you and doesn't let go! It's incredible what she can do to you!
AND, did you see this AMAZING ANNOUNCEMENT!? DID YOU? 

What are you waiting on this week?

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know! I've been waiting and waiting to read Pandemonium for Requiem to be closer! YAY! I love the cover on Rachel's selection though! It's perfect!

      Delete
  2. I'm really looking forward to both of these! Especially Requiem, because the way Pandemonium ended was super cruel. Great picks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo excited for Requiem. I simply love this series, and I'm dying to read how it will all end for Lena.
    Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for Unremembered!! That book sounds amazing. I love books with memory loss. They're always so interesting!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! It does sound very interesting! I LOVE the cover! It seems to fit it perfectly!

      Delete
  5. I'm really excited about Unremembered and I've only read Delirium but I still want Requiem. Great picks! I hope you enjoy reading them when they come out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yea.. it is excruciating waiting for Requiem to come out! I can't wait for it <3

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete