Friday, April 5, 2013

Our Week in Books...

This is our week in books at Libby Blog! 
This feature is not our own original idea and is inspired by so many others that are out there (esp. IMM by Story Siren and Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Review) with the goal of sharing our new books and getting to know one another a bit better in the book blogging world. If you have a similar post for the week, please share it in the comments so we can comment back...

Sorry this vlog is a bit wiggly! :P

Bought from Scholastic Book Fair...
Changeling by Philippa Gregory (Simon Pulse)
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (Feiwel & Friends)
Skinny by Donna Cooner (Point/Scholastic)
That Time I Joined the Circus by J.J. Howard (Point/Scholastic)
The Whisper by Emma Clayton (Chicken House/Scholastic)

From Review from NetGalley...
Breathless by Brigid Kemmerer (Kensington Teen)
Double Crossed by Ally Carter (Disney/Hyperion)
Emblaze by Jessica Shirvington (Sourcebooks)
Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa (Harlequin Teen)
The Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross (Harlequin Teen)
School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins (Disney/Hyperion)
The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson (Scholastic)
The Sweetest Dark by Shana Abe (Random House)

Life has been SO BUSY lately that we have barely been keeping our heads above water I feel like at work/school/the libraries! I was SO proud that I actually finished a book this last week! WOOT WOOT! I am almost done with another too! WOW! Maybe everything's turning around!? I better find some wood quick and knock on it, or I'll be screwed! I just know it! Yes, I'm VERY superstitious about that! :P Rachel has been a reading beast over Spring Break! I can't wait to read her reviews! :)
Book Trailer Thursday #62 - The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey 
Waiting on Wednesday #63 - In the Shadows of Blackbirds & Inhuman 
Book Trailer Thursday #61 - The Rising by Kelley Armstong 
Review: Orleans by Sherri L. Smith 
Waiting on Wednesday #62 - Nameless & Dance of Red Death 


What did you get for your libby this week?

13 comments:

  1. Seems like everyone else has read Cinder exceptfor me! Need to get started soon :D
    Stacking the Shelves
    April Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a good look at Changeling at my bookstore yesterday. Almost bought it. hope you love it. Will watch for reviews. My SS: http://gwynnethwhite.blogspot.com/
    cheesr

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been so busy lately, too. For the past couple months, work has been kicking my butt!

    Anyway, yay for SCARLET! I love The Lunar Chronicles. Hope you enjoy your books. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's job is kicking their butt! :P

      Delete
  4. School Spirits and Emblaze were great in my opinion. You have some great books on your hands--hope you enjoy!

    Gabbie @ Rampant Readers

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Time I Joined The Circus sounds great! Also, I loved Double Crossed and School Spirits. Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Book fairs are the best! I really enjoyed Cinder, so I'm excited to read Scarlet too.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read Breathless. I love the Elemental series. I havent' read the Hex Hall series, but I've heard it's really good. Will have to check it out soon. Thanks for stopping by. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SCARLET! AHHHHHH! That one was so damn good, like I can't even....

    I really want my daughers school to have a book fair, I remember my elementary school having them when I was little but I'm not sure that hers does. I am going to have to ask about that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice haul! I hope you enjoy Scarlet. I read it last week and LOVED it.

    Also, I started following ya'll on Bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome book haul! I have several of these myself and I am really looking forward to them. I hope you enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete