Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #73 - Dirty Little Secret & The Arrivals

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Jennifer Echols
Release Date: July 16, 2013
Published by: MTV Books

Bailey wasn't always a wild child and the black sheep of her family. She used to play fiddle and tour the music circuit with her sister, Julie, who sand and played guitar. That ended when country music execs swooped in and signed Julie to a solo deal. Never mind that Julie and Bailey were a duet, or that Bailey was their songwriter. The music scouts wanted only Julie, and their parents wer content to sit by and let her fulfill her dreams while Bailey's were hushed away.
Bailey has tried to numb the pain and disappointment over what could have been. And as Julie's debut album is set to hit the charts, her parent get fed up with Bailey's antics and ship her off to granddad's house in Nashville. Playing fiddle in washed-up tribute groups at the mall, Bailey meets Sam, a handsome and oh-so-persuasive guitarist with his own band. He knows Bailey's fiddle playing is just the thing his band needs to break into the industry. But this life has broken Bailey's heart once before. She isn't sure she's ready to let Sam take her there again... (Summary from Goodreads)

I haven't read a country western YA book before, but this one sounds like it could be a winner. Can't wait to see!


Author: Melissa Marr
Release Date: July 2, 2013
Published by: William Morrow/HarperCollins

Chloe walks into a bar and blows five years of sobriety. When she wakes, she finds herself in an unfamiliar world, The Wasteland. She discovers people from all times and places have also arrived there: Kitty and Jack, a brother and sister from the Wild West; Edgar, a prohibition bootlegger; Francis, a one-time hippie; Melody, a mentally unbalanced 1950's housewife; and Hector, a former carnival artist.
None know why they arrived there--or if there is a way out of a world unpopulated by monsters and filled with corruption. (Summary from Goodreads)

This sounds FABULOUS! I cannot wait to dive into this! WOW and wow! Marr's mind must be a fun place to be! Oh how I love her writing! She is absolutely on my "Automatic Buy" list! :)

And this cover!? OFF THE CHARTS!!! Perfection! 

What are you waiting on this week?

6 comments:

  1. I am dying to read Dirty Little Secret.. i've read a country book or two before and they were all fantastic.. as for The Arrivals.. the synopsis doesn't appeal to me but i love the cover!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely excited for Dirty Little Secret. It looks great. The Arrivals looks pretty awesome, too. I'm not usually a fan of westerns, but I'm going to check this one out. Great picks!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ironically I JUST read about these two titles today...like literally this morning! Great picks! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an arc of Dirty Little Secrets that I can't wait to read. Jennifer Echols is my favorite author. And The Arrivals sounds like all sorts of awesome! I am adding it to my tbr. Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks :D! I have Dirty Little Secret on my TBR pile, but I have not heard of Arrivals.

    Here are mine:
    http://www.kassiesthoughts30.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-5-crave-by-monica.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice! I haven't read anything by Jennifer Echols before. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete