Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #74 - Some Quiet Place & Proxy

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Kelsey Sutton
Release Date: July 8, 2013
Published by: Flux

I can't weep. I can't fear. I've grown talented at pretending.

Elizabeth Caldwell doesn't feel emotions...she sees them. Longing, Shame, and Courage materialize around her classmates. Fury and Resentment appear in her dysfunctional home. They've all given up on Elizabeth because she doesn't succumb to their touch. All, that is, save one - Fear. He's intrigued by her, as desperate to understand the accident that changed Elizabeth's life as she is herself.
Elizabeth and Fear both sense that the key to her past is hidden in the dream paintings she hides in the family barn. But a shadowy menace has begun to stalk her, and as she might, Elizabeth can barely avoid the brutality of her life long enough to uncover the truth about herself. When it matters most, will she be able to rely on Fear to save her? (Summary from Goodreads)

OMG! This sounds so dark and terrifying. I usually stay away from books that sound like they'll scare me, but with the personification of Fear, I'm intrigued.


(Proxy, Book 1)
Author: Alex London 
Release Date: June 18, 2013 (YESTERDAY!)
Published by: Philomel

Knox was born into one of the City's wealthiest families. A Patron, he has everything a boy could possibly want-the latest tech, the coolest clothes, and a Proxy to take all his punishments. When Knox breaks a vase, Syd is beaten. When Knox plays a practical joke, Syd is forced to haul rocks. And when Knox crashes a car, killig one of his friends, Syd is branded and sentenced to death.
Syd is a Proxy. His life is not his own.
Then again, neither is Knox's. Knox and Syd have more in common than either would guess. So when Knox and Syd realize that the only way to beat the system is to save each other, they flee. Yet Knox's father is no ordinary Patron, and Syd is no ordinary Proxy. The ensuing cros-country chase will uncover a secret society of rebels, test both boys' resolve, and shine a blinding light onto a world of those who owe and those who pay. Some debts, it turns out, cannot be repaid. (Summary from Goodreads)

WHOA! This sounds very The Island! Have you seen that movie!? LOVED IT! I can't wait to read this one! I don't care for the cover..YUK! But love this concept! Brilliant! And I can't wait to find out who these two boys "really" are!!

What are you waiting on this week?

7 comments:

  1. Both of these look so good and they are both on my TBR! I cannot wait to dive into them! Great picks =)

    my WOWt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some Quiet Place sounds terrifying! It's not my usual cup of tea but I am going to dive in and see if it is as terrifying as it sounds. Great selection.

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-the-chaos-of-stars/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proxy sounds thrilling and exciting, I am so excited to check it out since there aren't many male POV books out there these days. I have an eGalley of Some Quiet Place that I haven't read yet but I really can't wait to get around to it! Great picks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices! Both are on my to-read list!! :)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so weird - I preordered Some Quiet Place and got mine a week or two ago, but I guess it's not even officially out yet! It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, more like... just sort of haunting. I really liked it. I can't WAIT to read Proxy though! Got that one on hold from my library but it's not in yet, so I might cave and buy it before too long, lol.

    Great picks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Some Quiet Place on my TBR pile, but I hadn't heard of Proxy until today :). Great picks!

    Here's mine:
    http://kassiesthoughts30.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-6-life-altering.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Proxy sounds super good! I love the cover and it sounds super amazing. Thanks for sharing!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete