Friday, July 12, 2013

Our Week in Books, the hand-me-down edition...

This is our week in books at Libby Blog! 
This feature is not our own original idea and is inspired by so many others that are out there (esp. IMM by The Mod Podge Bookshelf and Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Review) with the goal of sharing our new books and getting to know one another a bit better in the book blogging world. If you have a similar post for the week, please share it in the comments so we can comment back...

I hope everyone had a great week last week!? Especially those in the United States since we were celebrating our Independence Day here. I decided at the last moment last Wednesday when I got up in the morning and looked at our full weekend home together that I just couldn't do!! So, I packed up the whole crew of little girls, big chocolate lab, the hubby jumped in after work when he drove into the driveway and we headed for the far northern woods of Wisconsin! Our favorite place to go camping in the state campgrounds! It was wonderful and relaxing, but the mosquitoes were as BIG as HUMMINGBIRDS!!! Holy moly! When we got back Reaghan finally was able to do something which she tells you about in the video, so you'll have to check it out...

Hand-me-downs from Lauren...
The Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne (Random House) - watch the video to see just how many!

American Girl Historical Bind-ups:
Kit
Kirsten
Felicity

American Girl Mystery Books and so many more! 

For Review from NetGalley...
Flicker and Burn by T.M. Goeglein (Putnam Juvenile)

Bought...
The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson (Arthur A. Levine)

For the tour from Random House...
The Morning Star by Robin Bridges (Delacorte Press) 

What did you get for your libby this week?

12 comments:

  1. I love the cover of The Morning Star! :-) Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the American Girl series. I read them back before they had the mysteries and Kaya, Kit, and the McKenna/Other Girl of the Year books. Happy reading!

    Tsuki's STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughters are adorable. I have nieces who love the American Girl Series. You got some great stuff in the pile.

    Come visit me here:

    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Magic Tree House series! That does bring back A LOT of good memories. I LOVE that series when I was a kid.
    Enjoy all your lovely books! ;D

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have the gathering storm on my shelf but i haven't read it yet. i didn't know book 2 is coming out soon. your kids are cute. amazing books this week. enjoy :)

    hope you can stop by my StS.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your book haul! I really hope you enjoy all the books you got! I enjoyed The Summer Prince. It's really unique plot and character wise! Happy reading!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my STS!

    Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also have Flicker & Burn & I read The Summer Prince! Enjoy :)
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Morning Star has a really great cover. Hope you enjoy your goodies this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, a fellow Wisconsinite! I'm in Waukesha and enjoyed my 4th on Lac La Belle in Oconomowoc. Boats, tubing, swimming, and fireworks—what's not to enjoy? Sounds like you a had great holiday too.

    Nice haul! I have The Summer Prince and want to read Flicker & Burn. Hope you enjoy your new reads. Thankfully the weather here in WI is finally feeling like summer, eh? Better outside reading. ;)

    Raina @ The LUV'NV
    New GFC follower

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Magic Tree House books were my favorite when I was in elementary school! I hope the girls enjoy them. Thanks for checking out my StS post! I read Prodigy around the release and it was a great follow up to Legend. I'm anxiously awaiting Champion. Enjoy all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice haul! Flicker and Burn and The Summer Prince look good. I hope you enjoy all that you got. Happy reading.

    Thanks for stopping by my STS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh I still need to read The Summer Prince.. looks really good! Hope you enjoy all your new reads :)

    Thanks for stopping by last week!

    Michele | StS

    ReplyDelete