Sunday, July 7, 2013

Review: The Beautiful and the Cursed by Page Morgan

The Beautiful and the Cursed 
Author: Page Morgan
Series: The Dispossessed, Book 1
Release date: May 14, 2013
Published by: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ingrid Waverly MUST get away from London as soon as possible after her terrible disturbance she's caused, so when her brother finds their mother an old Abbey to turn into an art gallery in Paris it's the perfect opportunity to start over again for her. Except when Ingrid and her sister Gabby move their mother to Paris it's only to find that their brother has disappeared and even more disturbing...that there is something hunting the young women of the city...

My thoughts: Paris + gargoyles + a disgraced young nobel lady + kick-butt adventure + a secret society who helps protect mankind = FABULOUS READ! WOW! This was absolutely original and wonderful! I adored it! I mean GARGOYLES! Who would have thought it, but of course they are meant as protectors on a building to evil spirits! I've always known that but have never really thought about it too deeply until now.

Morgan opens up a whole world of fantasy that involves gargoyles who not only protect those who live in the homes they live in, but also of a world where there's a whole group of people called the Alliance who help keep things in order too. These characters were fantastic; each and every one of them. I especially loved the sister relationship between Ingrid and Gabby which was something you don't see a lot of in books lately in a healthy way which this really was.

Last thoughts: If you're looking for something a bit different from everything you've been reading lately, but that's still a thrill ride from beginning to end, then THIS is for you! Morgan has certainly hit a homerun with this one! I cannot wait for book 2! I have LOTS of theories of my own that I'm curious to see if I'm "right on" about, or if I'm "way off" about it! :P 
Have you read this one yet? 
I'd love to hear what you thought of it!?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment