Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Review: Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs

Sweet Shadows 
Author:  Tera Lynn Childs
Series: Medusa Girls, Book 2
Release date: September 4, 2012
Published by: HarperCollins/Katherine Tegen Books
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Greer, Gretchen and Grace are back at it again and together they are hoping they are truly unstoppable because things just seem to be getting worse by the second! They are already without Gretchen's mentor, and their ancestor, Euryale, and now Grace's brother Thane is mysteriously missing in action. As the girls desperately trying to hold tight to their way their lives are now, they are quickly learning that those lives are spiraling out their control no matter how hard they try to hold on to them...and if they aren't careful they're going to lose their own lives in the process because no one seems to want them alive on any side of the war that's coming their way.

My thoughts: This was a butt-kicking adventure from beginning to end! I loved the continuation of the alternating perspectives just like in book one. Being able to literally "see" through each main character's eyes is fabulous and I LOVE that about these books! Just love it!

These characters ARE a bit har for me to like for some reason. I'm not sure why, but there really isn't one that I completely click with which is really frustrating because I like the premise, I love the adventure, the mystery, the sisters, and can see it all unfolding in my mind like a movie which rocks...but there's just no clickage. :( It just isn't happening. C'est la vie. Phewy. Oh well.

I have to say that whomever is putting together these covers at Harper is a ROCKSTAR! I just LOVE them! I don't know what it is, but I LOVE them! So, this is what I think: Book 1=Gretchen; Book 2=Grace; Book 3=Greer! Am I right!? Does anyone know?

The storyline in book 2 was much more to my liking. I felt so much more into this one with all of its action and sisterliness! I also loved all of the mystery and the sleuthing throughout the book as well=fantastic! And that ending! WHAT!? CLIFFHANGER!!! I am SOOO glad I have book 3 waiting for me as an ARC! I would be dying right now if I didn't! Holy moly! Childs you are wicked to end it that way! WHOA!

On to book 3! Let the butt-kicking continue! :)
View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Ahh Cliffhangers. Part of me loves them while the other wants to repeatedly stab something until I can get the next installment. Great review! I've been looking into this series, and after reading your review, it's definitely going on the TBR list.

    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete